Posts by Morc

Hello, so I have one problem. It can be doing something with lirc.

I have RPi 3 with DvbSky S920 DVB-S2 tuner running LibreELEC 8.0.1 with Linux Kernel 4.8(4.9 was artifacting when watching HD) and sometimes it crashes, I was looking on last crashlog and it was referring to lirc which I don't even use. So I want to disable it. Permanently. I will put crashlog here below. To fix It I should try latest LibreELEC or somehow disable the Lirc and wait on LE 8.0.1 until the artifacts are fixed in new LE.

I am not English native speaker, so I make mistakes ^^

I have to say one thing about these builds of TVHeadend.

I was using TVHeadend 4.1-2532 about from 4/10/2017 it was a bit slow when changing programmes around 5 seconds to get video going(audio works immediately) on my RPi 3 with DvbSky s920(I think that it is s920) DVB-S2 tuner.

but now I got an idea to try and install last build for LE 8.0(I don't have LE8.2 with Linux kernel 4.8 or lower, if you have tell me please) which was the TVHeadend 4.3-362 and now the delay to get video going went from 5 to 2 or even 1 second! It is insane! I just love it!

Did you pay for the mpeg license for your RPi? If you didn't you'll be relying on a software decoder instead of the hardware decoder which doesn't work as well. The hardware decoder frees the cpu for other important tasks which makes the decoding process more efficient.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Many channels are in HD and h264, so i think i don't need it.

I have a really good working LE 8 setup on RPi3 right now..
    But i encountered some problems.
    The second isn't problem but only question.

I have DVBSky S960 with the RPi but sometimes only 2x by 10 minutes i have frame drop replaced by green blocks when watching live tv.

+ to that setup i have I2C display connected and i customised the LCD.xml file to show big clock when nothing plays(idle mode)
    and i set in libCEC menu to stop live tv when i turn tv off..(to show the big clock).
    The question is: how to play last video/live tv after turning back tv on?

I think someone will help.
    Thanks..