Posts by ReiniB

But there's another method we can use and even get more info on what might be failing with the udev rule.
    First we tell udevd to output debug messages as well:

Code
    udevadm control --log-priority=debug
    udevadm trigger -s sound

Now check the system log, do a "journalctl -a | grep udev".

Got it: A simple change in the properties of my scripts let them execute, as and where I want to.

The "switching problem" is maybe my one in general understanding of how and when scripts can be used. I try to hang on. Minor at the moment, I'm happy to have my equalizer working...

...and again: Thanx Hias

so long

ReiniB

The scripts for using the inputs with the DSP aren't of help aswell for me and I'm getting tired to look for sources with suitable informations. Any suggestions (pics + samples ) for absolute beginners?
    Thanks for now, for you patience and your help,
    Cheers
    ReiniB

Just use these and you don't have to change the stuff yourself
    For simplicity just copy the listen script directly into /storage/ - eg /storage/Listen_to_LineIn_on_Lineout.sh

For testing run the script from a terminal, edit it, run it again... until you are happy with the result.

Then, if you want to make it permanent (i.e. automatically activated at each boot) add it to the 90-wolfson.rules file. It should look somthing like this:

Code
    # enable SPDIF plus all analog outputs
    SUBSYSTEM=="sound", ACTION=="add|change", ATTR{id}=="sndrpiwsp", \
    RUN+="/usr/bin/SPDIF_playback.sh -q", \
    RUN+="/usr/bin/Playback_to_Lineout.sh -q", \
    RUN+="/usr/bin/Playback_to_Headset.sh -q", \
    RUN+="/usr/bin/Playback_to_Speakers.sh -q", \
    RUN+="/storage/Listen_to_LineIn_on_Lineout.sh eq"

wow, thank you, first time to have an effect...

...but just in testing. It doesn't work permanentely as you described. Wrong path?

Cheers

P.S. Next issue: How to avoid the 2 plop noises during switch between the inputs without setting the volume to 0 / by setting the volume to 50 in Row 12 + 13 in Listen_to_LineIn_on_Lineout.sh ? (Plop noise is getting louder by increasing the value)

First the easy to solve one: You have to slightly modify the mixer settings and change "SPDIF in Switch" to "SPDIF In Switch" and "SPDIF out Switch" to "SPDIF Out Switch" (note the capital "I" and "O" in "In"/"Out").

THX for quick reply

Sounds EZ...
    sorry, I`m a complete newbee:
    1. Where lives the mixer setting to modify? In the Listen_to_SPDIF_on_LineOut.sh ?
    2. Where to store the listen files to let them execute from

Code
    90-wolfson.rules

?

Regards

Hello HiassofT

I`ve installed the build with your hints in my RPi2 and everything works fine. THX for that! But the audio-Ins: None of your standard "usecase" scripts for "Record-" take any effect. I can switch on and off the options for playback only.
    Maybe it is a case of misunderstanding, how and what to do with the audio-inputs, and the "listen scripts" by Ragnar Jensen are far away from a initial starting point for me. I am not shure about where and how to execute the scripts.
    My target is to have a 2nd. input source on the line-out like described at "Listen_to_SPDIF_on_LineOut.sh" from Ragnar Jensen with the abillity to tune a bit at the equalizer. Are there any options to get some examples (step-by-step) or to read about getting the scripts to work in LibreELEC or a basic education about the audio-in options?

Cheers