Posts by pfleiderer

RPi3 and RPi2 are essentially the same device but RPi3 uses a newer generation of the core SoC that runs at higher clock speeds. As the hardware is so similar we can use a common kernel/OS image that supports both devices. One quirk of the Pi firmware in this configuration is that 64-bit RPi3 hardware reports itself as a 32-bit RPi2. It is possible to make RPi3 run a 64-bit image and report CPU etc. correctly but this requires you to run a different kernel configuration, and then Kodi doesn't run as nobody 64-bit ported the mountain of very highly optimised 32-bit video code that Kodi depends upon. TL;DR - it's a cosmetic issue and there's nothing to see, move along please :)

Thanks for this helpful reply. Now i understand :rolleyes:

Hi there

I've upgraded from an RPi 2 Model B to an RPi 3 Model B using LibreElec 8.0.1.
    I just insert the SD card from the RPi 2 into the RPi 3 and start the Box. Everything woorks fine, including WLAN and Bluetooth.
    Now, if i check the LibreElec Config tool, under "about" it shows RPI2.arm under point "Architecture"
    If i start the Settings panel / Systeminfo, Kodi reports

CPU: ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l)
    Processor : BCM2835
    CPU-Speed : 600MHz

The RPi3 comes from the UK and is newest revision

Whats going wrong here?

Thanks for any answer