Posts by Snapcase

Thanks for the suggestions. All of my media is on NFS devices so that one will be particularly difficult. Are there known issues or limitations with NFS devices for you to call it out specifically? If NFS is prone to crashing it's probably a factor in my setup.

Hi

I'm running Libreelec 9.2 Beta 2 generic on an old i5 intel NUC. Ever since switching to the beta branch a few months back, I get random crashes. I haven't been able to figure out how to reproduce them. Sometimes it occurs when the system is idle, sometimes when watching a movie at random spots, and sometimes when browsing around the menu. The regular Kodi logs don't show anything - often the last log line is several minutes before the actual crash.

I don't know if it's a libreelec, kodi, or even add-on problem so not sure where to post this.

I've attached the crash logs for the last dozen crashes, in the hopes that someone has the time to have a look and point me in the right direction.

Hi,

Swarms are native clustering for Docker and useful if you have multiple hosts running on seperate machines. It allows running containers on different machines to share resources like networks, secrets, etc and well as basic load balancing etc.

They're useful in any case where you have more than one docker host. In my particular instance, it was because LE and my other docker host are relatively low powered machines and I wanted to move some containers around for performance reasons.

It's built into docker so the current official add-on supports creating and joining swarms and gives the appearance that everything is working when in reality the underlying docker network doesn't work.

I have no idea what the implications or risks are of adding kernel modules, and I've worked around my particular problem. It also looks like I'm the only one who has ever brought this up...

If it's not doable, because it's a standard docker feature, perhaps the fact swarms aren't supported could be added to the add-on text or wherever is appropriate.

At the very least this thread will save people from trying to debug this for days like I did ;)

Thanks for your help

Kris

Hi,

I'm using Libreelec 9.0.1 with the latest docker add-on provided from the repo. I have other docker nodes that aren't running Libreelec. Although I can add libreleec to my swarm just fine, any containers using an overlay network (either created manually or via the manager) fail to start since it seems to require vxlan be compiled in the kernel.

I've tried multiple containers and methods and overlay networks always fail, regardless of whether its in a swarm or not.

eg:

network sandbox join failed: subnet sandbox join failed for "10.0.2.0/24": error creating vxlan interface: operation not supported"

Creating a vxlan manually as root throws the same error, even if docker isn't in the mix at all.

tl;dr: Docker overlay networks used in docker swarms require vxlan interfaces, which isn't enabled in the kernel. Is enabling it possible?

Thanks! :)