Posts by Achilles

Call me stupid, but why would you limit your devices when they are probably capable of doing full colors? Limiting the black colors will give you a washed up greyish layer over your display. I would disable the limitation and always go for full colors, on the htpc as well as the TV.

You may have to up the brightness/contrast on your TV, but in the end the colors come out better.

Because you do not want to scale the original limited color range of the source material if you are a hard core purists--losing BtB and WtW video signals. Another reason is if your common denominator needs to be limited when using an AV receiver and outputting to one input on the display.
    [hr]

Intel needs to update the drm-tip drivers from what I understand. 98797 – BXT - HDMI - HD audio passthrough dont work

I am quite confused with what changed with the latest NUCs starting with Skull Canyon when it comes to the different modes for xrandr Broadcast RGB. It seems as if though Video 16:235 passthrough no longer functions. I made this post over on the Plex forums covering this issue as well as any other issues for Apollo Lake and Kaby Lake NUCs