Posts by Yorker

Hi,

I've tried to do a clean build on today's master and got the following error:

Code
    /usr/lib/librt.so: file not recognized: File format not recognized
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    libtool:   error: error: relink 'libpulse-simple.la' with the above command before installing it

Here is a more detailed log:

My system is Gentoo Linux.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

I've tried to build the most recent code for Libre and it failed on the Kodi package with the following:

Code
    /mnt/share/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-8.0-devel/toolchain/bin/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi-gcc  -march=armv7-a -mabi=aapcs-linux -Wno-psabi -Wa,-mno-warn-deprecated -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon-fp16 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -pipe -Os   -DCHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS=pthread_create   -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9 -Wl,--as-needed   CMakeFiles/cmTC_8336c.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o  -o cmTC_8336c -rdynamic -lpthreads
    /mnt/share/Projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-8.0-devel/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/6.2.0/../../../../armv7a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthreads

Please suggest if you need any more info.

Hi,

I've tried to build LE from scratch for wetek core and got the following error(should be related to my host lib i guess):

Any idea?

The new build from today mounts and works on that machine but other don't, no idea why but i guess it's my fault not yours so no need to keep this thread open for that.
    Thanks for the help attempts :)

If you are building from master branch we didn't pull any of the recent Kodi Amlogic changes into our branch yet, and I wouldn't expect things to work right without them. Not sure when those changes will get added. We may wait until the official Kodi Alpha 2 appears on/around 1st July before getting everything ready for our LE v7.90.003 release.

Thanks for that bit of information, no worries i don't have much time to update anyways so i will be probobly testing it after you merge the changes.

DD transfers an image that contains both partitions. DD will never try to mount these partitions.

I'm aware of this but there was no other explanation to this issue, and also why it's happening since i do have ext4 support in the kernel and the root partition is mounted as ext4, so since weird things are happening then i guess DD fails too...

I actually found out that the reason this is failing is that the machine i used to write the img can't seem to mound the 2nd partiton as ext4 for some reason (proboly kernel related) but on another machine it's fine so i guess since it can't mount it properly it's not written properly or something... but for some images it was able to mount... and i couldn't find the main cause in the kernel option between the too (still looking).

But i want to thank you all for your assistance with this issue