Posts by Urlryn

I have been using LE for quite a few years now using the same dedicated custom PC.

PC is connected directly to a AV Receiver via HDMI

PC connect to a local NAS using Samba

LE version: 11.0.1 (Generic x86_64)

Recently when watching movies/tvshows, they completely freeze during playback (random 10mins-20mins typically). While it is frozen you will see a circular icon/ring in the center of the screen with a 0 or 100 in it. You are unable to do anything until it kicks you back to the movie/tv selection screen.

If you try and restart the movie immediately....you will get a a couple of errors: Connection Time Out or a prompt pops up and says file no longer exists and do you want to remove it. Eventually networking access fixes itself and you are able to access the share and/or restart the movie.

During this time I am able to access the same shares from another PC without any issue. I can even play the same videos (or others) at the same time with no issues.

Checking settings in LE, I have confirmed that remote access and SSH is enabled. Passwords have been set for both (not disabled).

Trying to access the remote access web page, you get the typical error that the page is not available

Attempting to SSH....it is always "connection refused"

Initial thought was an issue with the integrated NIC (realtek 8111F) failing. Installed a brand new Intel Pro nic and that did not fix any of the issues.

Upgraded LE to 11.0.3....no change

Removed intel nic

Unplugged the current SSD and installed a new SSD

Installed LE 10.0 fresh...same issues

Installed LE 11.0 fresh...same issues

So went a different route and installed Windows 10 pro + Kodi v20

Ran it like this for a couple of hours...and the videos never froze. The system never lost network connection. I can even access the remote access webpage with no issues.

So not quite sure where to go with troubleshooting this one....so hoping for some suggestions.

Urlryn

I've been using KodiBuntu for a while now and decided since it wasn't supported to upgrade to something newer.
    This box does nothing but do kodi....no extra stuff on it..no dual boots, no plex..nothing. Audio is passthru to a HT Reciever.

So I installed Libre last night and everything seem to be working...

Installation easy
    Boot up...no problem
    Installed Transparency Skin
    Installed AniDB scraper
    Installed ExtendedInfo Script
    and a couple others...screensavers.

I was able to setup the video sources (smb shares on a network NAS). Can browse, play the files no issues that i saw.

Setting up playlists no problem...mostly
    TVShows...no problem. Scraped and was able to pull down art/info
    Movies....no problem. Scraped and was able to pull down art/info
    Anime....well all kinds of weird problems started here. But I think mostly with naming.

But because of that I started doing some investigating in the logs....

Crash log

Checking my local network...everything looks ok.
    SSH into libre and was able to ping google, yahoo.
    I was able to do nslookups no issues and resolved local names and google, yahoo.

Do i just need to wipe again and try reloading? Or if someone can point me in the right direction...

Thanks
    Urlryn