Posts by Iridium

"I can connect to localhost on my Ubuntu 16.04 machine but not on my Mac"

Do you need to enable remote logon on your Mac?

Do have a firewall or antivirus running. See Here

Which version of LE are you on? 8.2? I guess you have tried a reboot with ssh set in the gui.

Can you also try a sftp connection.

Also see this Thread

Can you post the output of ssh -vvv root@<IP of LE Box>

Also try connecting from to your local machine "ssh localhost" and see if that works.

Also it would help if you could give details of the host and remote machines (HW, SW Versions)

In "file manager" you need to add each location individually with "Add Source".

However, it would be easier to ssh into your PC and copy files there.

With the 5Ghz dongle, I can play 1080p DTS without problem. The size of file doesn't seem to be a factor, but bit rate is.

The interference, I refer to, is an issue with the home plugs. Plug boards and multiple connections, cause it. Not wifi interference which is easier to resolve.

I stream from my laptop (Ubuntu) 5Ghz, and Cubox (Archlinux NAS) ethernet without any issues.

I do have buffering (250M) but this only helps for skipping past adverts and will not assist for your proposed setup. Get it working first, then play around with buffering, but you shouldn't need to. Buffering can only really assist for a "temporary disruption of service" like a momentary glitch in downloading - in a home system, this should not be an issue.

Another option that might work, is a wifi extender with an ethernet output.

As @Klojum mentioned, the RPi3 internal antenna is not the best in the world, eliminate that and use a good wifi adapter and I think you'll have few issues.

I had similar problems with the RPi3 internal wifi and I tried multiple solutions. Each might work for you but depends on the exact locations of the hardware.

1) RPi behind TV - worked for SD but not HD.

2) RPi moved to a better location and used a long HDMI cable to connect. Worked on SD/HD but not consistently.

3) Changed router from normal mode 150Mbps to dual band 300Mbps. Didn't seem to make much difference.

4) Used a 1G ethernet home plug and everything worked perfectly. However the home plug does need it's own socket to reduce interference. This didn't work for me as it required a long ethernet cable to connect it. (Socket locations)

5) Used a 5Ghz wifi dongle. This has been the best solution as it works consistently on all files SD/HD. Obviously your router needs to have 5Ghz for this to be an option. I bought a cheap one from ebay for about £11 and it worked out of the box. The only issue I had was, because it was cheap it didn't have a MAC address so a few extra settings were needed in LE .

You're really going to have to try all available options to see what works for you.

I have a logitech f710 game controller which has been configured with the default "Kodi" (Xbox 360) profile.

joystick.xml does not exist, so standard LE. Same controller (as I only have one)

On the RPi2 everything works as expected. On a video the right/left (hat) steps the video forward/back whilst the left stick left/right scans forward/back exactly as XBox 360 controller

However on the Cubox-i, I can either have the hat active or the left stick, but not both (Depends on the mode button). Either way, each mode is always scan forward which makes skipping bits of a video a little difficult (Keyboard works fine in that regard)

Is there any reason why the RPi2 and IMX6 images should behave so differently?

LE is a read only file system, so you cannot install additional drivers.

Looks like a similar problem has occurred Here

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest creating a new thread with a better subject line. Something along the line of

"Trying to install Kuman 5" inch Resistive display"

and give as much information as possible

All that is saying is that the USB device has been recognized. The kernel has no idea, based on the ID, on what driver to use.

As @chewitt said "^ there is no linux driver for this chipset"

Replace it, or use the onboard. I've got working USB dongles from ebay (from China) and they work fine. You just have to be lucky or better, selective on what to buy.

You can either wait to see if the chipset is eventually included into the mainline kernel (unlikely), compile the kernel yourself (painful) or just get one that just works on linux. (an easier option)

How are you accessing the files? SMB, uPNP, NFS. What are the format of the files? MP4, x264 or HEVC?

The RPi3 internal wifi is good enough for SD but you'll struggle with HD. Is your router setup for 2.4Mhz dual band as that might help.

Your laptop on ethernet is probably 1000 base T whereas the RPi is 100 base T so not a good comparison. Also if there is any I/O on USB then that could affect the speed. However, ethernet should be sufficient for SD and HD on the RPi

If your RPi is hidden away, try moving it around so it has a better "view" of the router. You could try a 5Ghz wifi adapter, which will give you better speeds - assuming your router has it.

However, it does sound like a "normal" connection issue and nothing to do with LE. You'll need to diagnose each network leap to determine the bottleneck.

You could upgrade to 8.1.2 and see if that helps