Posts by DocEagle

This was a procedure after an interrupted migration! If everything works fine (start/restart never fails) it's ok then. Of course you need this DB it's V8, as well as MyMusic60 ...

As a result of an interrupted migration process (I didn't expect it working so long for my database), I got these databases too, but not in the final state, that's why I could never establish a connection to the mysql environment.

I got four upgraded environments (Intel NUC, ZOTAC, RasPi 2 and RasPi 3). None of them has any problem with the network connection, my timeout is set to 10 seconds (as before for V7), but this isn't necessary at all.

After the procedure described above all environments connect seamless to the database! No probs at all, not under V8.x and never before.

Finally, two days later, I succeeded in updating to V8 using the mysql database. Obviously the problem occured as a result of an interrupted migration process before. From that time on from this I wasn't able to re-connect to the database again.

How did I succeed in the end?
    1. Downgrading to 7.0.3
    2. Soft Reset of 7.0.3
    3. Deleting all parts of Krypton db inside the KODI-environment
    (version 107 of video db - could be MyVideos107 or xbmc_video107 or whatever your special name-tag in advancedsettings.xml defines,
    version 60 of music db - could be MyMusic60 or xbmc_music60 or whatever your special name-tag in advancedsettings.xml defines,
    Addons27.db)
    4. if necessary dropping V8-databases in the environment of mysql-server
    (version 107 of video db - could be MyVideos107 or xbmc_video107 or whatever your special name-tag in advancedsettings.xml defines,
    version 60 of music db - could be MyMusic60 or xbmc_music60 or whatever your special name-tag in advancedsettings.xml defines)

Starting from this cleaned up state, next time the database migration worked as designed. Updating the other clients to V8 there was no problem any more to connect immediately to the migrated database.

Same problem here, up to V7.0.3 no problems at all connecting mySQL DB, starting from V8.0 no connect any more. I changed the network waiting time to 30 seconds, but no connect at all.

The second trial I started with a clean install V7.0.3 - no problems. Upgrading to V8 - no connect. Additionally, after a clean install there isn't any autostart.sh created. So, this can't really be the clue.

Is V8 so much faster than V7? And my network from and to the machine is working, but only the DB connect is missing. Here is any bug in the V8 - as I mentioned in another thread, this is reproducible with two different intel machines (NUC and ZOTAC).

I just updated to V8 as well on two machines (manual update from the LibreELEC menu). The first one (Intel NUC) looped during migrating databases. After deleting the Addons27.db and power off/power on it finally booted, but the system says my libraries are empty (I am using a mySQL database for several machines). I see my sources and contents, but obviously there isn't any connect to the SQL DB any more.

The second upgrade fulfilled without any loop, but the same result. All libraries are empty. How can I re-connect to the SQL DB?

I got two different installations: Intel (NUC5CPYH) and Raspberry PI V1 (Model B).

Under Raspberry V1 I can't resume several series episodes recorded by an PVR, prepared by "TS-Doctor" and cut by means of VideoReDo TVSuite H.264 V5. Mediainfo says:

1280 x 720 (16:9), 50,000 FPS, AVC (High@L4) (CABAC / 4 Ref Frames)
    Encoder: Lavf56.25.101
    Encoder-lib: Lavf56.25.101 / Lavf56.25.101

I see the spinning wheel for a few moments, but nothing happens ...
    Starting just from the beginning works fine and the playback is smooth.

In the Intel environment I can resume all these episodes without any problems.

Any Ideas?