Posts by Trance-Man

Thank you very much Kostaman

I tried to follow these instructions but I felt it kept leading me to more instructions and more and more.

Tried to come up with a plan on how to go about the firmware update properly and just got super lost.

I downloaded the file --> gxl_p212_2g.dtb

Could not solve how to start using it for the update.

Ok I have gotten lost, this thread and 5 others. So much info and so many pages, sometimes 30....

I bought this QBOX on ebay it had description "QBOX 2GB DDR3 16GB Fully Loaded KODI 16.0 Quad-Core 1080p 4K OTT Smart Q TV Box"
    The image on the listing I purchased was this photo: 12201936263700000002_2.jpg

The Box that enclosed the device says on the top "TT TV BOX 4X CPU Cortex-A53 5X GPU Mali-450"
    Top of this Unit is like this photo: gw.jpg

Back Sticker Says this
    S/N 905XC160716XXX 2+16 (I turned last 3 digits into X's In case of Privacy Issues)

So my question is (Please if someone can be exact as to what I need to check, provide better and have details proper responses lol)
    1) How to tell which firmware version I have now (I bought it in March 2016) No updates yet.
    2) How to upgrade firmware, if that is possible - exactly with good instructions for entire process.
    3) After I do Firmware update, can I update KODI to the best and latest Version build, Like KODI 17 etc?

Thank you in advance everyone for any assistance. :)

I attached some ORIGINAL images as well.