Posts by Cabal

I'm currently running a NUC5CPYH:

Intel® NUC Kit NUC5CPYH - Product Specifications | Intel
    Intel® NUC Kit NUC5CPYH quick reference with specifications, features, and technologies.
    www.intel.com

This features an Intel N3060 CPU:

Product Specifications
    quick reference guide including specifications, features, pricing, compatibility, design documentation, ordering codes, spec codes and more.
    ark.intel.com

Previously (LE9, maybe? 8?) I was able to get motion-compensated deinterlacing, and maybe even mpeg2 hardware decoding. Currently I can get neither.

Following other suggestions, I tried a /storage/.config/kodi.conf with:

Code
    MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=i965
    LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=i965

as well as only

LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=i965

Neither showed any difference in the driver being loaded when looking at the X logs. Is this old driver still available on 10.0.1? Sorry about the formatting, this editor is not working with me. Thanks.

I had no luck with multiple iterations of an xorg.conf, so I ended up going with an autostart.sh:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh

(
    sleep 6
    xrandr --newmode 1920x1080 148.5 1920 2008 2052 2200 1080 1084 1089 1125 \
    +HSync +VSync
    xrandr --addmode HDMI2 1920x1080
    xrandr --output HDMI2 --mode 1920x1080
    ) &

Any suggestions on xorg.conf syntax would be great.

I also set up the Hisense's edid.cpio in /flash (for a usable boot screen), and the Pioneer's edid.bin in .config/firmware/edid (in case it reboots with the TV/AVR off).

Not pretty, but everything works again (mostly).

Greetings. I'm running the following, wired as such:

Intel NUC NUC5CPYH (4K but 1080p preferred, latest firmware)
    |
    Pioneer VSX-1022-K receiver (1080p, latest firmware)
    |
    Hisense 50H8C (4K, latest firmware)

LE 7.0.3 installer: no issue
    LE 7.0.3 operation: no issue

LE 8.0.1 installer: only the top-left quarter of the installer is visible
    LE 8.0.1 operation (after bypassing receiver for installation): max resolution is 576p/50Hz, and only a few other resolutions are available

I've been able to find two workarounds so far:

Workaround A.)
    Connect the NUC directly to the TV (which works great), pull the EDID info, and follow the wiki for using a custom EDID (Custom EDID - LibreELEC) after bring the receiver back into the mix. This seems to work well enough, but I can only pass through very basic AC3 or DTS, and lose most of the capabilities of my receiver.

Workaround B.)
    Grab all the details of a working modeline at 1080p, and with the receiver in the mix, use xrandr to add the known-good modeline and then activate it. One of many downsides here is that I need to both set up the modeline and then choose it from the UI after each boot.

Is workaround B preferred, and is the right way to go about using that with a custom xorg.conf? Is there a minimal xorg.conf file I can use for just a custom modeline?

I had to revert the system to 7.0.3 for family use, so I don't have 8.0.1 logs available at present. I do have the Hisense EDID file as obtained from 8.0.1, and I can pull any info from the running 7.0.3 installation.

Thanks.