Posts by MikeKL

LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.1-devel-20190421143116-68723cf and after inclusion of previous libreELEC backup to avoid manually setting up as required. Noticing issues with LibreELEC addons unable to load correctly i.e. tvheadend client and inputstream.adaptive

Code
    ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.kodi/addons/pvr.hts/pvr.hts.so.4.4.16, reason: /storage/.kodi/addons/pvr.hts/pvr.hts.so.4.4.16: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.kodi/addons/inputstream.adaptive/inputstream.adaptive.so.2.3.15, reason: /storage/.kodi/addons/inputstream.adaptive/inputstream.adaptive.so.2.3.15: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Kodi debug log

balbes150 Ref previous post and issue unable to get 20190417 arm & aarch64 builds, to boot up correctly on my vim2 Pro.

Just installed LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.1-devel-20190419173639-68723cf.img.gz onto clean SD, then modified uEnv.ini with text editor to point to meson-gxm-khadas-vim2.dtb before completing build SD and then booting up for first time via vim2

Unable to complete boot into LibreELEC

Freezes at LibreELEC Splash image with "LibreELEC (community): devel-20190419173639-68723cf" in top left corner of screen.

Unlike 20190417 & 20190419 builds, kvim2 booting up and behaving as expected with LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.1-devel-20190421143116-68723cf.img.gz (editing uEnv.ini to add pointer to meson-gxm-khadas-vim2.dtb)

Thanks for updated build :cool:

balbes150 Ref previous post and issue unable to get 20190417 arm & aarch64 builds, to boot up correctly on my vim2 Pro.

Just installed LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.1-devel-20190419173639-68723cf.img.gz onto clean SD, then modified uEnv.ini with text editor to point to meson-gxm-khadas-vim2.dtb before completing build SD and then booting up for first time via vim2

Unable to complete boot into LibreELEC

Freezes at LibreELEC Splash image with "LibreELEC (community): devel-20190419173639-68723cf" in top left corner of screen.

Just made switch up from LLibreELEC-S912.aarch64-9.1-devel-20190411090352-68723cf.img.gz to LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.1-devel-20190417142806-68723cf.img.gz On basis Chewitt mentioned that Liberelec support going forward, would be based on arm HERE

(Note erased SD and installed latest using LibreELEC USB-SD Creator)

Understood that unlike earlier builds, required to edit uEnv.ini on SD to ensure pointing to correct dtb for my KVIM2 Pro. (Which I have done)

edited uEnv.ini

Code
    dtb_name=/dtb/meson-gxm-khadas-vim2.dtb
    bootargs=boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE quiet console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0

KVIM2 refuses to boot into Libreelec after final preparation of SD, remaining stuck on khadas boot image?

Hmm what have i missed?

---edit--- Also installed LibreELEC-AMLGX.aarch64-9.1-devel-20190417142453-68723cf.img.gz onto SD then edited uEnv.ini to point to "meson-gxm-khadas-vim2.dtb" with same unable to boot into Libreelec outcome. (apologies for poor photo)

balbes150 I quickly tested 20190324 with system display set at 3840 x 2160

With live DVB-T TV streams on KVIM2 Pro "circle" is not a visible in centre of screen anymore.

Notice thin Purple line running fully across bottom of video during playback.

Sometimes noticed Video (primary) plane would not allow OSD (secondary) plane to be viewed, after stopping playback of video manually.

(Requiring login remotely via ssh, to stop/start kodi) chewit thank you for explantion about support for two video output planes

Also managed to get full crash and back to libreelec then kodi reboot kodi crashlog

Update image 20190322

For those who have 4K TV. Please check this LE option. I am interested in the operation of the interface in 4K mode.

Using LG 4K monitor, HDMI connected to KVIM2 Pro with image 20190322. Set System Display resolution in settings to 3840 x 2160 then rebooted to be sure settings saved etc. GUI confirms settings saved after reboot and as expected? GUI still looks like its output to display at 1920 x 1080, with Kodi Interface when moving around appearing to behave exactly same as when GUI display settings stored at 1920 x 1080

Installed and quickly tested latest 20190316 on VIM2 Pro, Results similar to earlier alpha releases, from typical usage perspective i.e. :-

• LAN connection OK, No Wi-Fi
    • Live DVBT TV over local network using TVheadend Client, h264, 1920x1080 plays OK. (blue wait icon faint in centre of display)
    • Live TV via TVCatchup & iPlayer WWW streaming apps, immediate or after few seconds Video Freeze with Audio continuing. (blue wait icon faint in centre of display)
    • Playback of 4K files from local video folder. LG Chess 4K Demo completely lockups LibreELEC, Sony Bravia OLED 4K Demo Plays well
    • Known typical total Kodi graphics crash after short period of time (less than 30 mins)

Fully appreciate not an early user release, but as mentioned previously can provide kodi logs/debug logs, when user feedback on these developing and improving builds becomes more useful.

Update LE 20190304 images.

Installed latest update then used LibreELEC backup option to re-install my user environment and addons from a recent Backup.

Don't know if its related (but message appear after first re-boot from installing and completing back-up intialisation) now upon full restarts of KVIM2, I get following Failed Message before LibreELEC appears to boot into OS and operate fine?

VIM2 lite WiFi should be able to work with the right combination of firmware/nvram files but VIM2 max was still lacking mainline driver support last time I looked; although that was last summer .. I'll get around to it eventually.

For overall info be aware (according to Khadas) that an updated v1.4 VIM2 Pro and MAX with "in particular" update Wifi module, will soon be available.

• VIM2 v1.4 (Pro & Max) AP6398S Wi-Fi module.
    • Upgraded Wi-Fi module provides VIM2 v1.4 with bluetooth 5.0 vs v1.2 bluetooth 4.2.
    • VIM2 v1.4 (Basic) still original AP6356S Wi-Fi module.
    • Existing VIM2 v1.2 (Pro & Max) has AP6359SA Wi-Fi module. (My current device)

See further detailed Khadas information on changes between VIM2 V1.2 & V1.4 pdf here

Thanks for information on key areas of change/update to build 20190225

To clarify my second point, I installed build 20190227 this evening. (You removed 20190225 build and replaced with 20190227?)

1st I attempted to install tar file of 20190227 build into update folder of my VIM2 whilst it was up and running on my network (20190211 build)

Then rebooted VIM2 to in theory allow it to perform a restart and automatic install of 20190227 over existing 20190211.

As previously mentioned "just for general information" this method of updating to latest build onto SD appears not work. No problem at all, just providing feedback as this method of updating works for other frequent alpha/beta builds.

In order to get to my previous LibreELEC set-up with few addons installed/configured etc, I made use of available and very good LibreELEC backup option in LibreELEC settings, to create a back-up before installing your latest build (clean img.gz build onto wiped SD using "LibreELEC USB-SD Creator" ) then used backup restore; to get back to my previous addon setup, with your latest build.

Note: Above method of works well, avoiding a manual setup of addons I require after every update to your latest build ;)

New image 20190225

Would it be possible/practical to advise what has been added/modified between each of your builds with expected improvements?

For example ref my previous post, clean installed 20190221_test_dvb on SD and quickly tested on KVIM2 Pro. I personally noted following known issues :-

• No Wifi (LAN OK)
    • Live DVB-T via TVheadend and Streamed Live TV, Video freezes with minute or two, Audio continues. (Able to drop back to GUI with no problems etc)
    • Did not test long enough to invoke/notice Graphics Crash or perhaps crash is less frequent now?

Thanks for working on and confirming new builds are available :cool:

PS Is it possible to download latest tar into LibreELEC update folder and update then re-boot to update, without need to destroy previous build on SD with user settings saved etc (know I can create a back-up if not)