Posts by rha666

Mine was flaky as well on a pi2 with 8.0.1. I did put the following in a modprobe config file and rebooted:

rpi3:~ # cat /etc/modprobe.d/8812au.conf
    options 8812au rtw_power_mgnt=0 rtw_enusbss=0 rtw_ips_mode=1 rtw_vht_enable=0 rtw_ht_enable=1

This limits the wifi to n instead of ac, so max 150mb/s, but it is stable. Perhaps it will work for you and provide enough bandwidth in the less crowded 5ghz range?

Thank you very much zaphod24, with this configuration it seems to work perfectly

My device is:
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 7392:a812 Edimax Technology Co., Ltd

Sadly I need to use 5GHz band, otherwise it keeps buffering while playing high bitrate files. There are too much interferences on 2.4GHz due to the presences of more then ten other WIFIs

Yep, same exact thing happens with my rtl8812au wifi stick under 8.0.x on both pi2 and a pi3.

But under 7.0.x, it runs perfect, so Ive just downgraded and used the older libreelec. :)

Maybe not the best, but works for me.

I experienced this problem under 7.0.3 and upgraded to 8.0.1 hoping to solve. But nothing changed

If you want a reliable network experience use Ethernet. It's a sucky answer, but it sucks less than the sh1t quality realtek drivers that we are forced to embed in our otherwise reliable distro.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Ethernet cables are always my favorites, but in this case it's not a very good option.
    As far as you know, there are some chipset with drivers that suck less? Buy a new wifi dongle with better performances/drivers support can be a more suitable alternative for me in this case

Thanks

Hi,
    I'm experiencing a similar problem. I am running LibreELEC on a RPi3 streaming through smb protocol from a RPi2 that I use as a NAS, among other things, with an Edimax EW-7811UTC that uses a rtl8812au chip. Every now and then (a very variable time from 2 to 30 minutes) happens that the stream of mkv files at 720p or 1080p stops. The video freeze for 30 seconds and then goes back to the main menu without restarting the GUI. Going back to the file I was playing, it asks me to restart from where leaved and the playback goes well for other few minutes. The messages from the logs are quite similar to the ones giannia posted.
    I've experienced the problem both with 7.0.3 and 8.0.1 version using smb and nfs. I've also tried to run the movies from a directly connected hard drive and in that case the playback went well.
    I've seen that someone else pointed out a similar problem in this thread: thread-3467-post-29019.html
    According to bd0426, this problem was not present running OpenELEC 6.0.3
    Here is my log: kodi.log - Google Drive (didn't use pastebin because of the size of the log - 413 Request Entity Too Large)

Any suggestion on how to fix it? Thanks

Hi, I'm new to this forum and also new to LibreELECbut I managed to install and run Gamestarter smoothly.
    I've tried some games and emulators and it appears to work well. There is only one problem I noticed with NES emulator. It doesn't recognize log press of buttons. For example, while playing Super Mario Bros 1 or 3 I can jump higher if I keep pressed the jump button. In this case, what happen is that Mario only does a series of little jumps as I continuously press and release the button and this prevent me to go after the first pipe of the game.
    It seems an emulator related problem because something similar happen with other NES games but not seems to happen with SNES emulator. In fact, in Super Mario World Mario jumps correctly.
    I'm using Gamestarter 2.7 with LibreELEC 7.0.3 on RPi3 and I'm using the keyboard to play, I don't know if this can be the cause of the problem but the keyboard works well with other emulators.
    Thank you very much