Posts by chromebox

This is the 2nd gen PS3 remote right? (The one that has IR for other devices too?)

As I understand it, this remote doesn't remember pairing when the batteries are removed or go dead.

I was trying to use one, and I'd be tickled to get more than 2 days out of a set of batteries. What the stand by function you're referring to? I have kodi doing an 'idle shutdown' after an hour if inactivity, but it don't seem to affect the battery life in the remote.

yes this is the 2nd gen remote with the ir controls. the standby function is in the Libreelec settings under bluetooth to have the Bluetooth ps3 remote go into standby when it is not being used. I also have this problem with a ps3 controller where it doesn't go on standby when not in use and also I cannot put the chromebox on standby when the ps3 controller is connected. but the battery last way longer in the controller than the Bluetooth remote and its rechargeable

I'm running LibreElec 7.0.1 on an asus chromebox using a ps3 BT/IR combo remote. i have the ps3 remote connecting with bluetooth using trust and connect with standby enabled and I'm going through a set of batteries every 7-10 days sometimes 2 weeks and the remote doesn't stay connected to the chromebox. when the remote disconnects, i have to connect my keyboard to the chromebox and manually connect the remote again. it doest forget it because it is still listed but it just doesn't connect on it own