Posts by kenmills

I wrote the usb-image to a fresh 16GB stick, the swiss army knife worked, but upon reboot I got the message

"can't access tty: job control turned off"

Do I restart, or is there something else I can do?

I saw this error on Android TV boxes. To fix it, I reboot into recovery mode and chose the option to wipe the cache and reset all user data.

I'm not sure if there is a similar feature in ATV. You can try to type the following at the command prompt:

reboot recovery <enter>

Cheers,
    Ken
    [hr]
    [hr]
    PS - Also looking forward to seeing LibreElec on ATV1 :)

Hi all,

Is there any way I can include a custom userdata folder in a libreelec build? I'm using the mx3-G build. Wilro (the creator) has been offline for over a month so I can't ask him.

Using squashfs, is there anywahere I can put the custom directory, so that it will be on the device when I flash from SD image?

Cheers and thanks for any help you can provide!!

Ken
    [hr]
    HI again,

So, an update! I put my custom folders into /usr/share/kodi/userdata and that seems to work.

Is there a way I can do this with addons and temp folders? The /usr/share/kodi/addons folder seems to not work for adding addons into. I cannot change or update them, they are part of the RO filesystem.

Is there anywhere in the image can put some addons folders, that will save me from SSH into the box and copying them later?

Cheers,
    Ken
    [hr]

I stand corrected... on closer inspection, my custom userdata folders are not coming through.

Back to square 1. :(

Cheers,
    Ken

It's relatively simple to change the skin that's embedded in the imag but add-ons require build-system packages to be created to pre-install them. Both tasks will require you to understand our build-system (which has no manual or instructions). IMHO it is easier to set-up one box, take a backup, restore the backup to the other boxes. This also preserves the ability of skins and add-ons to update themselves when there are new versions available. If you embed the add-on into the read-only SYSTEM image this capability is lost.

Hey Chewitt,

I thought I would pop on here as I have pretty much the same question. I will be rolling out to hundreds of boxes, so backup and restore becomes much more of a labouriuos process. I need a super fast way to quickly flash an image onto these boxes.

I have managed to unpack and repack the SYSTEM image of an MX3-Plus tv box using squashfas (with the help of kszaq - thanks mate!!)

Is it as simple as copying my custom addons, temp and userdata folders into the /usr/share/kodi folder, and then resquashing the SYSTEM file? Then rebuild the libreelec-update.zip, and resign it. I tried that but it doesn't seem to work. It installs fine, but it is a base install, no customizations.

I have created a repository for all of my custom addons, and this repo is installed as an addon that I am adding to the SYSTEM image, so I can control updates all addons on all my rolled out boxes.

My concern is that you seem to imply that any addons that I want to roll out in a system image, would need to be put into a build-system package. Perhaps what I am trying to do is more complicated than I think.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,
    Ken

Hi all,

This is my first post on these forums, thanks so much for all your hard work. LibreElec is a brilliant platform.

I am looking for a bit of custom development, to enable the auto update feature on amlogic platform. I would like the update to g to a custom location, where I can roll out updated images in the future.

This is for a project that will manage hundreds of 'dumb' terminal LibreElec boxes that access a server.

Please PM me if you have the skills/time. Payment can be negotiated based on timelines etc.

Cheers,
    Ken

PS - I hope it is OK to post this, I didn't see anything in the rules about asking for developers :)