Posts by kenmills

Hey HomerJau (Garry!)! If you don't mind my asking, what model NUC are you running LE10 on, and are you able to get HDR? If so, could you kindly let me know what buid or link to the download you use?

I installed the BETA2 from the main downloads and cannot get HDR on my NUC8i5BEK.

Thx!

Ken

Kodi 19 doesn't support HDR for x86 platforms at this time.

Hey again, I was referring to this post in the Announcements thread, where a user has HDR working on an intel NUC. I assume that it only works on some hardware, as it is not officially supported currently?

Perhaps my model of NUC will need to wait for full support...

Code
    [tt]
    Finally got around to grabbing my dad's NUC8i3 .. the latest build on here seems to be working flawlessly. I got HDR10 to work and also passthrough audio seems to be perfect so far too. WOOHOO!!!
    EDIT: Watching 3rd movie on the build, audio has been perfect.
    What are the limitations again on this .. subs don't work and 4kHDR @ 60fps don't work .. correct?<span id="selection-marker-1" class="redactor-selection-marker woltlab-bbcode-marker"></span>[/tt]

Hey all!

First let me thank the LE team for your hard work in this! It is SO awesome to finally get Kodi 19 installed on my Intel NUC, I have been waiting to get HDR going for ages... THANKS!!!!

I just installed LE10 BETA 2 on my NUC NUC8i5BEK, but can't seem to get HDR to recognize on my TV. The TV plays HDR fine, from my AMLogic X92 with Kodi 18 (LE9). I have the latest HDMI firmware and BIOS flashed on the NUC.

I tested a number of files (which all play on my AMLogic box and TV); all 24FPS.

Is there anything I need to enable/disable in settings?

One of the vides I am playing, has the following info:

Video

ID : 1

Format : HEVC

Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding

Format profile : Main [email protected]@High

HDR format : SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible

Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC

Duration : 54 min 35 s

Bit rate : 10.2 Mb/s

Width : 3 840 pixels

Height : 1 920 pixels

Display aspect ratio : 2.000

Frame rate mode : Constant

Frame rate : 24.000 FPS

Color space : YUV

Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)

Bit depth : 10 bits

Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.058

Stream size : 3.88 GiB (93%)

Writing library : x265 3.4+26-g83e2d7fb0:[Windows][GCC 9.3.0][64 bit] 10bit

Encoding settings : cpuid=1111039 / frame-threads=4 / numa-pools=16 / wpp / no-pmode / no-pme / no-psnr / no-ssim / log-level=2 / input-csp=1 / input-res=3840x1920 / interlace=0 / total-frames=0 / level-idc=51 / high-tier=1 / uhd-bd=0 / ref=4 / no-allow-non-conformance / repeat-headers / annexb / no-aud / no-hrd / info / hash=0 / no-temporal-layers / no-open-gop / min-keyint=24 / keyint=250 / gop-lookahead=0 / bframes=3 / b-adapt=2 / b-pyramid / bframe-bias=0 / rc-lookahead=20 / lookahead-slices=8 / scenecut=40 / hist-scenecut=0 / radl=0 / no-splice / no-intra-refresh / ctu=64 / min-cu-size=8 / no-rect / no-amp / max-tu-size=32 / tu-inter-depth=1 / tu-intra-depth=1 / limit-tu=0 / rdoq-level=0 / dynamic-rd=0.00 / no-ssim-rd / signhide / no-tskip / nr-intra=0 / nr-inter=0 / no-constrained-intra / no-strong-intra-smoothing / max-merge=3 / limit-refs=1 / no-limit-modes / me=1 / subme=2 / merange=57 / temporal-mvp / no-frame-dup / no-hme / weightp / no-weightb / no-analyze-src-pics / deblock=-3:-3 / no-sao / no-sao-non-deblock / rd=3 / selective-sao=0 / early-skip / rskip / no-fast-intra / no-tskip-fast / no-cu-lossless / b-intra / no-splitrd-skip / rdpenalty=0 / psy-rd=2.00 / psy-rdoq=0.00 / no-rd-refine / no-lossless / cbqpoffs=0 / crqpoffs=0 / rc=crf / crf=19.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpstep=4 / stats-write=0 / stats-read=0 / vbv-maxrate=160000 / vbv-bufsize=160000 / vbv-init=0.9 / min-vbv-fullness=50.0 / max-vbv-fullness=80.0 / crf-max=0.0 / crf-min=0.0 / ipratio=1.40 / pbratio=1.30 / aq-mode=2 / aq-strength=1.00 / no-cutree / zone-count=0 / no-strict-cbr / qg-size=32 / no-rc-grain / qpmax=69 / qpmin=0 / no-const-vbv / sar=0 / overscan=0 / videoformat=5 / range=0 / colorprim=9 / transfer=16 / colormatrix=9 / chromaloc=1 / chromaloc-top=2 / chromaloc-bottom=2 / display-window=0 / master-display=G(13250,34500)B(7500,3000)R(34000,16000)WP(15635,16450)L(10000000,1) / cll=1089,96 / min-luma=0 / max-luma=1023 / log2-max-poc-lsb=8 / vui-timing-info / vui-hrd-info / slices=1 / no-opt-qp-pps / no-opt-ref-list-length-pps / no-multi-pass-opt-rps / scenecut-bias=0.05 / hist-threshold=0.03 / no-opt-cu-delta-qp / no-aq-motion / hdr10 / hdr10-opt / no-dhdr10-opt / no-idr-recovery-sei / analysis-reuse-level=0 / analysis-save-reuse-level=0 / analysis-load-reuse-level=0 / scale-factor=0 / refine-intra=0 / refine-inter=0 / refine-mv=1 / refine-ctu-distortion=0 / no-limit-sao / ctu-info=0 / no-lowpass-dct / refine-analysis-type=0 / copy-pic=1 / max-ausize-factor=1.0 / no-dynamic-refine / no-single-sei / no-hevc-aq / no-svt / no-field / qp-adaptation-range=1.00 / no-scenecut-aware-qpconformance-window-offsets / right=0 / bottom=0 / decoder-max-rate=0 / no-vbv-live-multi-pass

Language : English

Default : Yes

Forced : No

Color range : Limited

Color primaries : BT.2020

Transfer characteristics : PQ

Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant

Mastering display color primaries : Display P3

Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2

Maximum Content Light Level : 1089 cd/m2

Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 96 cd/m2

Thanks for any info!!

Hey all!

First let me thank the LE team for your hard work in this! It is SO awesome to finally get Kodi 19 installed on my Intel NUC, I have been waiting to get HDR going for ages... THANKS!!!!

I just installed LE10 BETA 2 on my NUC NUC8i5BEK, but can't seem to get HDR to recognize on my TV. The TV plays HDR fine, from my AMLogic X92 with Kodi 18 (LE9). I have the latest HDMI firmware and BIOS flashed on the NUC.

I tested a number of files (which all play on my AMLogic box and TV); all 24FPS.

Is there anything I need to enable/disable in settings?

One of the vides I am playing, has the following info:

Thanks for any info!!

Thanks Noggin,

OK so I'll just move my NUC LE install to my non 4K room for now. I have an AMLocgic S912 that does HDR now.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, and when Intel releases drivers for Linux, I'll re-investigate. Hopefully I'll be able to use my NUC in the future :)

Thanks!!

At the moment I think HDR10 output support for Intel under Linux is limited to Gemini Lake processors as they are the ones with native HDMI 2.0 output. The issue with other Intel devices is that they use Displayport outputs from the CPU+GPU SoC and convert this to HDMI 2.0 using an LSPCon chip on the motherboard, HDR support for which is currently lacking fully within Linux. That said there are more and more patches appearing (LSPCon devices are now able to trigger HDR 10 mode on connected TVs, but don't display video in that mode at the moment)

Thanks Noggin, for summing it up. There are no newer NUCs that have natic HDMI 2.0 support? Or will I have to wait for the NUC 11 that have native HDMI 2.1 support?

Are the patches specific to each NUC version? If so, where/how do I go about locating one for my NUC8i5BEK?

Alternatively, if I use the Display Port output, and use an external adapter (like this Mini DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 4K/UHD 60Hz Active Adapter - Atlast! Solutions - your source of reliable powerful fanless PCs) will that bypass the internal LSPC and allow for HDR? (Actually mine sends DP via USB-C, so an adapter that does USB-C -> HDMI).

*Please excuse me if that is a stupid question lol.

Cheers!!

Ken

Hi all,

I just installed LE 9.2.3 on my Intel NUC NUC8i5BEK. I am unable to get HDR to play - it just down samples to UHD.

I have been reading this thread, and I understand that currently there is no stable way to get HDR10 to play on Intel?

I am very happy to test, if there is a latest build for x86 with a patch of something, that I can try? I am using a Samsung UN8000 TV.

Also, are there newer NUC boards that will play HDR with LE?

Cheers,

Ken