Posts by mcaron1234

Note that "xrandr" is no longer available in the default Generic (x86_64) image as it switched to GBM/V4L2 graphics with LE11. You would need to use the "Generic Legacy" image which uses the older Xorg graphics stack.

Thanks, I can use the legacy image. It appears that a mod deleted the xrandr instructions posted above, is that because they were incorrect?

I would like to be able to boot into libreelec on my steam deck. I did manage to get it installed on a microSD card and booted into it. The problem is the screen is rotated and in portrait mode. Can anyone point me in the right direction for screen rotation on this device?

storage-ServerFolders-Videos.mount is getting an automatic dependency to storage-ServerFolders.mount and cannot started because of the failure.

Yes, this was it. That unit file was left over from a previous scheme I was using and is no longer used. It wasn't enabled, so I didn't realize systemd would create a dependency with it. I renamed it to a .bak extension, disabled the storage-ServerFolders-Videos.mount and reenabled it. Then it started working. Thanks for the help, I didn't know about that dependency command for systemctl.

The head scratcher for me was that it was the same error on both systems, but it makes sense because I just copied the unit files from one to the other.

I have two systems, the first is a rpi3 which is running official LE 8.2.2 and the second is a amlogic S905X running kszaqs 8.2.2.3 build. Both systems are having the same error with identical unit files. Here is a pastbin link to the entire output of journalctl -a:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Code
    systemctl list-dependencies storage-ServerFolders-Videos.mount

storage-ServerFolders-Videos.mount
    ● ├─network-online.service
    ● ├─storage-ServerFolders.mount
    ● ├─system.slice
    ● └─network-online.target
    ●   └─kodi-waitonnetwork.service

I'm not sure how to interpret the output of systemctl list-dependencies storage-ServerFolders-Videos.mount.

The unit file contains:

I've tried with multiple values for vers and without vers altoghther. I always get the same error message: A dependency job for storage-ServerFolders-Videos.mount failed.

I can no longer mount samba shares using systemd. I know the change to default cifs version is now 2.1, but I'm not sure that is my issue.

I'm attempting to mount my share from an up to date freenas server. The issue I'm having is:

Code
    systemctl start storage-ServerFolders-Videos.mount 
    A dependency job for storage-ServerFolders-Videos.mount failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for details.

and

journalctl -b 0 --no-pager:

Code
    Jan 20 21:37:22 le-mx3 systemd[1]: Failed to mount cifs mount script.
    Jan 20 21:37:22 le-mx3 systemd[1]: Dependency failed for cifs mount script.
    Jan 20 21:37:22 le-mx3 systemd[1]: storage-ServerFolders-Videos.mount: Job storage-ServerFolders-Videos.mount/start failed with result 'dependency'.
    Jan 20 21:37:22 le-mx3 systemd[1]: storage-ServerFolders.mount: Unit entered failed state.

I don't think the issue is smb protocol version because nmap shows that I've disabled smbv1 on the server:

I've tried adding vers=2.10 to the options in the unit file but it still returns a dependency error. I am able to mount the same share via mount -t cifs -o username=user,password=passwd //freenas.local/Videos /storage/ServerFolders/Videos

Anyone have any idea what else I can try to get theseshares to mount with systemd?