Posts by uselibreelec

Sorry to ask something again

While mission "master+4.4.7" was a total success, i tried to go a step further and used latest KODI git master for my LE build (as is did before when compiling OE many weeks ago)

I can use latest KODI git master and compile without errors, but only when i remove:

- kodi-100.10-handle-SIGTERM.patch
    - kodi-999.10-aarch64-support.patch

Since i'm interested in learning further basics - is there anything i can do to myself fix those two patches so they can be compiled successfully with KODI git master?

EDIT:
    First clue:
    - Removal of "kodi-999.10-aarch64-support.patch" shouldn't matter for my temporary build, since it's ARM-stuff and i use x86? Is that correct?
    - But what about " kodi-100.10-handle-SIGTERM.patch"?

Thanks. I did update the KODI version myself in the past while compiling OE. Will try that if i feel the need to

At this moment the kernel-caused broken button repeat is the only thing i'm really missing.

What about kernel 4.7 RC2? Are you aware if things got fixed there? I'd be happy to try if i had a working build with 4.7.

Thanks again!

Edit:

Alternative: Is there an (relatively) easy way to find out how i revert LE git master to 4.4.7 myself. As said, i did revert linux package.mk and restored the 4.4.7 patches folder - but it failed at another point as mentioned above.

make clean has been done before compiling, of course.

Hey,

Hardware:
    - Intel NUC D54250WYK (Haswell i5)
    - libreELEC 7.90.001 ALPHA (aka LE8 Alpha) (tested both clean setup and restored setup)

- Infrared receiver (both integrated one and Microsoft external USB as alternative)
    - tested both Standard Philips MCE + Xbox One Media Remote

While the complete setup works great with 7.90.001 ALPHA (including TVH Live-TV!), one things appears to be broken compared to LE7:

While holding down a remote control button (UP or DOWN for example), the the keypress gets not repeated, so you have to do scrolling (for example) row by row, one button press at a time.

Remote Control Key repeating worked fine in LE7 (stable + git) and also does on Standalone KODI 17 Nightly (f9d5614) on Windows (which i tested to gather more info).

Thanks!
    Great work - just switched from OE and really like how the new "project direction" feels...