Posts by gordus

Hi, since the port of SMB-common was kind of difficult for a linux Newbie this is what finally worked for me:

• Installed on my Windows Nas this software Bitvise: SSH software for Windows which is a reliable SSH server for windows since Open SSH didn't work either.
    • created a user on bitvise SSH and imported the Public Key previously created in LE.
    • in order to add the Host to the trusted Host file on LE I connect to LE via Putty (SSH) then from LE did an ssh [email protected]. it will ask to add the host and the ssh is done using Pub key previously added.
    • since it worked without asking password I then added the full command on my shutdown.sh script: ssh [email protected] shutdown /s /f
    • Done, LE shutdown and NAS shutdown.

Thanks to all for your help and point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Hi thank you very much for your answer, Unfortunately I have no Idea how to do the port. I was looking for a download of samba-common and did not find it. I also try to find the net.?? on ubuntu and did not find it :(

I'm sorry I'm more a windows than a linux guy, therefore if you can guide me on how to do it I'll be very grateful.

By the way I also tried installing OPENSSH on My windows NAS and besides it works if I do a ssh 192.168.0.12@user shutdown /s /f from librelec shell when I do it from shutdown.sh script it does not work.

SO whatever solution you guys can provide it will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi, thanks for your reply but I'm actually looking to shutdown Windows Machine from Kodi, no the other way around. in a full Kodi Installation on Linux you can do it with net rpc shutdown -I 192.168.1.101 -U gordus%password.. the thing is that net rpc is not available in libreelec and I cannot do a sudo apt-get install samba-common for example.

Therefore what I need is an Script or plugin that allows to shutdown a windows PC from within Kodi in libreelec.

Cheers

Hi, I have a windows NAS with all my files, I am able to wake the Server with Wake on LAN Plugin on Kodi but now I need to be able to shutdown the windows machine from Kodi.

Is there any script or plugin in which I can put IP address, Username & password to shutdown the windows machine?

Appreciate your help.

Cheers