Posts by jayfkay

I bought a 8bitdo SNES30 several months ago. After a few firmware updates, I can solidly recommend it to anyone who liked the SNES controller back in the 90s. In fact, I have a second on order now. Just make sure you update to the latest firmware from their website for best performance.

Follow up question -> i saw some reviews about batteries dying after 1 year of use. Know anything about that, if its common known fault or maybe something they already fixed in new production batches.
    OR, how is your controllers battery after a few months?

My income was halved and i dont want to buy something that will get defected.

On the other hand, i could solder in some nice battery for a few € if needed... cause i really like the controller now...

I bought a 8bitdo SNES30 several months ago. After a few firmware updates, I can solidly recommend it to anyone who liked the SNES controller back in the 90s. In fact, I have a second on order now. Just make sure you update to the latest firmware from their website for best performance.

Yes, also checked a few videos and will order it by the end of the week probably. Will go with the sfc30 version for more colors = 9ir! p0w3r :dodgy:

Thanks, to both of you.

yeah, you're right, they are using the outdated one for RPi?!?!?!? It can be because they say standalone emulator runs much better...
    Anyways I am using an outdated one in my Pi2 and I can play LocoRoco with my 4 years old kid :D

Bit offtopic -> currently i use standard snes usb controller. I would like to buy wireless ones, any suggestion? (i dont own other systems)
    My girls are 6 and 3 y old.

20160606 (rpi2) and previous build both gave me a weird error if i added video files from USB to the library.

Everything goes well, indluding file scanning, but the moment i click to enter the video library, screen goes black and stays black even after hard reset.

Ill try 20160609 later tonight and give more info if i can get the same error.

WORKS: couldnt reproduce it with 20160609. Will play with removing usb + inserting, and with emulationstation, but for now it looks OK. YEAY

I have RPi3, thats why i thought i could change something in config.txt of the system and Kodi and ES would pick it up.
    But the resolution was always the same (wrong), either on arm or x86, so i guess it is the TV.

I'll try both suggestions, make logs and come back with what i find out.

Thank you

I feel kinda stupid...
    Kodi does get the right resolution for my TV, but the screen goes out of bounds. So my first reaction (always) with this TV was to set overscan.

Now I selected the next smaller resolution, perfect fit, ES gets the resolution from kodi (perfect fit) so its OK, sort of... i gues.

My tv is lg 47lb630v. I got the same behavior from kodi 15? onward. This is on the Kodi part, not libreelec, right?

My mind reading does not work on long distances, so you'll have to tell me what hardware you have and post logs In any case, sounds like you need to adjust your TV to "just scan" 16:9 or something along those lines. Normally, Kodi and Emulationstation should pick the optimal resolution for you (normally 1080p). There aren't any resolution options in ES as far as I know, it will just use whatever your X server is set to.

New builds are online, worth an upgrade for anyone who has any DVD files in their library as it's now supported again.

I have RPi3, thats why i thought i could change something in config.txt of the system and Kodi and ES would pick it up.
    But the resolution was always the same (wrong), either on arm or x86, so i guess it is the TV.

I'll try both suggestions, make logs and come back with what i find out.

Thank you