Posts by Yeager

Hello,

Working with the Zomboided VPN manager and we found that when upgrading to 8.0.0 from 7.0.3, there seems to be some changes with the SSL structure?

While eliminating that his add-on is the problem (latest version 3.0.0 works on 7.0.3), the identical set up and certs for ExpressVPN fail to connect.

From Zomboided: "Yup, libressl issue, part of the base build combined with a certificate from your VPN provider that goes out beyond 2038. Nothing I can do, sorry"

I'm not sure what changed from working perfectly before to not at all on the LibreElec side for 8.0.0. Any fixes to this would be appreciated or I'll be stuck at 7.0.3. For what it's worth the 8.0.0 interface is very nice, kudos!

Log file: 07:46:46.316 T:1962208208 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://ma - Pastebin.com

Hello Zomboided,

First of all, great VPN product! I've been using it religiously with LibreElec on a RaspPi for quite some time. Last evening I upgraded to the latest LibreElec version 8.0 Krypton vs previous 7.0.3 Jarvis. I'm an Express VPN user and for the most part everything has been stable in the past. With this recent update though, I cannot connect anymore. I even uninstalled the repository, reinstalled and ensured I have the latest 3.0 vpn service manager, as of last evening. No luck, including starting a fresh profile via username/password/reloaded certs again.

Thoughts?

To expand a little more, even though I triple checked the settings to be accurate, it allows me to login into the express vpn location list to make a selection. However, when a location is chosen (tried many options), I get an error disconnecting from VPN in the status bar. Followed by this message:

Error connecting to VPN, could not establish connection. Check your username, password and network connectivity and retry.

Again, verified the credentials are correct and I do have internet access to the system

The log has a verify error: depth=0, error=format error in certificates notAfter field: C=VG, ST=BVI, O=ExpressVPN, OU=Expressvpn, CN=Server-1786-1a, [email protected]
    OpenSSL: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
    TLS_ERROR:BIO read tls_read_plaintext error
    TLS Error:TLS object -> incoming plaintext read error
    TLS Error:TLS handshake failed
    SIGUSR1[soft,TLS-error] received, process restarting