Compiling Libreelec source code for any Device

• Hi All,

I am new to this topic and my knowledge about compiling linux kernel is very limited.

I already installed Libreelec on my Odroid C2 and most of features are working fine for me. Recently I bought a Nano Pi K2 and I could install an Libreelec image file and it is working fine.

But what I want to do is to find a way to compile and build an image file based on any compatible board based on its device tree.

I did some researches and I found out device tree acts as bios for any arm based Linux OS. Also I know I can get source code from Libreelec's github repository. The problem is, I must choose between already existing Projects.

Is there any way to use device tree's source file to compile the source code?

I will appreciate if you give me any resources to give me more ideas about compiling linux kernel source code.

• It's more complicated than that really. It can depends on the architecture, the arm cpu type, the bootloader, the gpu, etc. This is why we have different projects for different boards.

Yes sometimes it can be as simple as changing the device tree. This is only true for amlogic hardware where the same gpu drivers. bootloader, arm cpu type, etc are used.

EDIT:

short of that you can just use the dtc tool to compile your own device tree blobs.