6£ / 12€ DVB-C/T2 USB Stick -> Xbox One Digital TV Tuner

• This tuner works flawlessly on DVB-T/T2 in Slovakia. No drops, no errors, it just work.

I'm running Adamg LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha build 8.90.6 on S905x box (Mini M8S II 2GB) and TVHeadend 4.3-961.

But when i connect this to my DVB-C provider (UPC), which has quite high bitrate also, this tuner starts to show Data Errors. Just a few... but still. My signal is strong above 75%, on normal box from upc no problems in any way. Any solution on this CvH?

• I started to use this usb tuner too.

I am using LE 9.0.1 with its latest stable TVH server 4.24.7-44.

For me only the;

DVB-C & DVB-T get rcognized not DVB-T2.

I use it for DVB-C, but unfortunately it presents quite a lot of ;

Code
    019-03-18 13:45:38.285 TS: DVB-C Network/386MHz/ZZF HD: H264 @ #2001 Continuity counter error (total 35)

continuity errors.

As of yet, not really usable if you count on this as your prime source of DVB-C :(

• Hi,

As a follow-up, I now have three of these connected to a Raspberry Pi 4 running LE (first alpha). With a firmware update to stop video going out of sync, this is an awesome TV server.

I have set it to mount SMB shares from my NAS at startup, and so far it is working flawlessly.

I may need to switch to Raspbian so I can also run this as a Plex server, and then have a second Pi as the Kodi client (so I can keep using LE) but that is my only sticking point.

Mark

• If someone could fill me in on how Xbox One Digital Tuner works with current LE/TVh I would be grateful. I just updated mr RPi4 to LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2.4. I am looking to buy some new USB T2 tuners and am very limited in what can I get delivered to my country.

My country (Croatia) is switching to T2 h.265 by the end of this year. Currently I have 5 years old Gica T230 Silicon tuners which work but we all know they tend to die :( and new Gicas have different chipsets.

Or if someone can recommand anything USB T2 sold currently foir not much over 20€ that works well with T2 and LE/TVh. I do not need DVB-T as now I have few of them so that is not an issue. Or is it wiser to get new Gica T230c2 which are currently sold?

Edited once, last by pila (August 22, 2020 at 6:28 PM).

• As I have found them for 11€ a piece delivered, I ordered few. Using them for DVB-T2 h265 TV at RPi4 with all current LibreELEC 9.2.5.

They work OOTB, just needed to be activated in TVh. They display DVB-T2 (channel 40, 626 mHz ) normally. No transport or continuity errors. Strangely, in TVh, PER and Uncorrected Blocks pop up. I have almost never seen that in many years of using several other tuners at any of my systems. Nothing visibly wrong with the picture; then again I have tested them for just a few hours. In this usage, lack of tuner's h265 support is not an issue as tuners just have to deliver a DVB-T2 stream, RPi4 will display it (h265). To use T2 channel, I had to manually change desired channel from T to T2 which may not be clear for many users.

Same as MyGica T230 and T230C2, sync problems with sound being ahead of the picture when recording and changing channels, but that is an LE problem.

• As I have found them for 11€ a piece delivered, I ordered few. Using them for DVB-T2 h265 TV at RPi4 with all current LibreELEC 9.2.5.

They work OOTB, just needed to be activated in TVh. They display DVB-T2 (channel 40, 626 mHz ) normally. No transport or continuity errors. Strangely, in TVh, PER and Uncorrected Blocks pop up. I have almost never seen that in many years of using several other tuners at any of my systems. Nothing visibly wrong with the picture; then again I have tested them for just a few hours. In this usage, lack of tuner's h265 support is not an issue as tuners just have to deliver a DVB-T2 stream, RPi4 will display it (h265). To use T2 channel, I had to manually change desired channel from T to T2 which may not be clear for many users.

Same as MyGica T230 and T230C2, sync problems with sound being ahead of the picture when recording and changing channels, but that is an LE problem.

Yep - the DVB-T/T2 tuner does no video decoding - so MPEG2, h.264/AVC, h.265/HEVC make no difference - it just sends the video streams to other devices to decode.

The TV Headend DVB-T vs DVB-T2 setting can be confusing as not all tuners need it (The first gen DVB-T2 stick, the PCTV 290e, had a driver that automatically switched to T2 when you pointed it at a T2 mux and didn't need T2 to be explicitly defined in TV Headend for instance. Most newer sticks do need you to set the T vs T2 delivery system parameter)

I had lots of errors on the PSB3 DVB-T2 stream in London - which is a 40.25Mbs DVB-T2 stream using 8MHz bandwidth, 256QAM and 32kE carriers with 2/3 FEC (aka DTG-6 mode) at 545.833MHz. They were visible.

• With my setup (three of these tuners on a RPi4), I moved my TV server from the living room to the study. That has a different aerial, and I started getting a lot of data errors on DVB-T2 streams. Moved it back to the original aerial and it's fine again.

So, lots of factors to consider.