[8.2.1.2] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Surely, you would know they're running because they work?

I have some boxes that have no led (anymore). If no picture comes on (which hasn't happened to date), I would know they are not running.

Hasn't really been a problem so far.

Sorry for not making myself clear :blush:: what I meant to say is that there is no way to tell whether they are completely powered off (no LED if available), in Standby (red LED) or running (blue LED), where in the latter case I assume the TV/monitor is switched off. So, I am wondering whether anyone knows a way to make something light up on the front panel if that is what the box features.

This is relevant for a use case where you might run the box 24/7 also or even mainly as a VDR. Then, if, like me, you are a real "Serienjunkie", this is what you might want.:/

Cheers,

chessplayer

Formerly: Intel Atom, Dockstar/Pogoplug (headless PVR Server)

Production: Wetek Play, RPi3, Cubietruck (headless PVR Server), Nvidia Shield client, XBOX ONE Tuner, Sundtek Media TV Sticks

Experimental: Various AMLogic S905X (W) devices

• I have audio issues with version 8.2.1.1. When playing FLAC Audio Files, there is a scratch in the tweeter. Even with films without DTS or DTS-HD encoding, this problem occurs.

It is a Minix Neo U1 player. The AVR is a Marantz SR7010. Does anyone else have this problem?

• I have audio issues with version 8.2.1.1. When playing FLAC Audio Files, there is a scratch in the tweeter. Even with films without DTS or DTS-HD encoding, this problem occurs.

It is a Minix Neo U1 player. The AVR is a Marantz SR7010. Does anyone else have this problem?

I am running this on two boxes, I can't say I've noticed it. Have you got a sample to test?

• Ordered a s905x and got a s905w (p281) thank GOD it boots from USB so can use it but would like to install to internal. I am guessing would just need proper device tree? Any chance down the road ???

SSH to your box and type in command "installtointernal"

Xtreamer Whizz S905-H AP6335 2GB Ram 16GB Rom

• Ordered a s905x and got a s905w (p281) thank GOD it boots from USB so can use it but would like to install to internal. I am guessing would just need proper device tree? Any chance down the road ???

You might want to hold off on that, actually. Before you do, test whether you can watch video or even LiveTV without getting all kinds of red artefacts in your picture. That was a problem I had and it could well be related to the fact that currently with the builds we cannot force RGB mode. If that is not an issue for you, just do as eugene2878 said, Maybe test first whether you see an entry system when you do an ls /dev, as otherwise it means that your NAND is not recognized and you cannot install to internal (where the build with the _nand-suffix might help you, at least it did for me in one case but not in another).

Cheers,

chessplayer

Production: Wetek Play, RPi3, Cubietruck (headless PVR Server), Nvidia Shield client, XBOX ONE Tuner, Sundtek Media TV Sticks

• SSH to your box and type in command "installtointernal"

LOL .. I am not that new ... but thanks -- system directory not found -- It's not a priority, was asking if down the road there may be a proper device teree or whatever is needed. Runs fine off SD card.

• LOL .. I am not that new ... but thanks -- system directory not found -- It's not a priority, was asking if down the road there may be a proper device teree or whatever is needed. Runs fine off SD card.

As I said before, you might try the build (not the device tree) with the _nand suffix (worked for me on one occasion, but not on another)

Cheers,

chessplayer

• LOL .. I am not that new ... but thanks -- system directory not found -- It's not a priority, was asking if down the road there may be a proper device teree or whatever is needed. Runs fine off SD card.

Well. You can compare your Android dtb with the one you are using for LE. You need

Code
    1. sudo apt-get install device-tree-compiler
    Code
    1. dtc -I dtb your_LE_dtb.dtb -O dts -o your_LE_dtb.dts

and bcompare program or similar.

Xtreamer Whizz S905-H AP6335 2GB Ram 16GB Rom

• Thanks for the info, not sure what you mean by try the build with _nand suffix. I know the device tree can have _nand suffix but haven't seen a build with it? Lost me there. But running off SD card is fine for now.

• Thanks for the info, not sure what you mean by try the build with _nand suffix. I know the device tree can have _nand suffix but haven't seen a build with it? Lost me there. But running off SD card is fine for now.

?(:thumbdown::cry::@ Sorry, my bad! You are right, of course. I got that mixed up with the temp-sensors diabled build.

Cheers,

chessplayer

• Hello,

With Youtube Addon if I skip or forward, reward video (resolutions does not matter), sound will be 10sec later. I tried Beelink MXIII and MXII II same issue. With 8.1.10 also. This is LE 8 bug?

With 7.0.3.012l there is no problem. I hear sound immediately. I prefer 8LE because of Youtube 1080p.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Gábor ().

• Hi there,

Dumb questions:

If I install my Libreelec in the internal memory from my SD Card, will I be able to use that same SD Card in another Mecool (exactly the same box ) without losing any of the content?!?!!

When I install in the internal memory, it installs the setup ( skin, addon, preferences, etc ) exactly as I have in the SD Card !??!?! Or do I have do to it all again ?!?!!?

Thanks a lot !!!

• Your post is some what confusing however...

If you are booting Kodi from USB and you have set it up to your taste when you run the installtointernal script you are asked if you want to copy your data to internal as well, select Y and this will do as it says on the tin.

You can then put the USB drive in another AML box and do the exact same without having to redo all of your work, just run installtointernal again.

• If Iinstall my Libreelec in the internal memory from my SD Card, will I be able touse that same SD Card in another Mecool (exactly the same box ) without losing any of the content?!?!!

Answer , YES

Better off taking a backup and keeping it on a USB.

Installing fresh install to other box and restoring backup.

LE7.0.3.012j NAND TX5Pro S905X

TX 7 S905X 2gb/32gb (WiFi AP6255) 8.2.0.1 (2017-10-28)Sd Card Boot (PS3 Play TV DVB-T dual modulator Tuner):)

Winsat ModelCombo Tuner AVL 6862. S905D 1gb/8gb afl1 LE-S905.arm-8.2-devel-201710051440-gd562e8e-I:(

Testing K1 Pro S905D 2GB/16GB LibreELEC-S905.arm-adamg-1.0.6 (2017-11-16):)

Sharp Aquos Quatron 70 inch TV for testing. 4 Years old.

• ssh login to LibreELEC then

echo "echo none > /sys/class/leds/blue:heartbeat/trigger" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

kszaq might want to put that permanently into platform_init ;)

wrxtasy

My box (Vorke S6) has an LCD panel on the front, where, in Android, the time and other symbols. like if an usb is plugged, etc. are shown.

Do you know its driver or how you manage it, so in LE, an useful message can be displayed on it? Currently, only "boot" appears...

Thanks!

• This is more or less a duplicate of my post on top of this page!

Cheers,

chessplayer