[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• I downgraded to 8.1.3, 8.1.2, 8.1.1 and no signal. If I downgraded to 8.0.2e I have pictures.

I upgrade 8.1.5 again, but no change. If I start the film, tv "say" no signal...

• @tutoi & jeffers, from this Create remote.conf from scratch

which part of this are you having trouble with?

Anyone

Following tutorial

Copied remote.conf file from my box to LibreELEC .conf folder after # out all key entries

Found factory code and edited it into the remote.conf file on LibreELEC

Question:- How do I edit the remote.conf when box is booted to LibreELEC, I did it by editing file on USB stick on my laptop and recopied into LibreELEC

I then went into finding out the key codes using SSH on my laptop and pressing the keys on the remote.

Unfortunately the information reported in my SSH version is not in the same format as shown in the tutorial, Scan Code is missing.

So advice on what I am doing wrong or how to interpret the information reported in my SSH would be appreciated.

In my SSH session I pressed the following keys on my remote:-

Power key x 2

1 key x 2

2 key x 2

OK key x 2

Question:- How do I interpret SSH output and how do I use the information to edit my remote.conf

Info from SSH should be shown in pic below:-

7nu9RxM.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by Jeffers (August 21, 2017 at 8:45 AM).

• From what I can remember, & it was some time ago, I just looked at the original conf in notepad++ I then replaced the code for a particular button press with the code that came out on ssh

I don't remember deleting #

In my case I had about three "blocks" ie there were three remote confs, I deleted all but one.

Sorry, I will be away from my pc for a few days.

• Question:- How do I interpret SSH output and how do I use the information to edit my remote.conf

See the given custom code's 5. and 6. characters (0xPPQQRRRR)

Power: 4d

OK: 0d

Then put them into the remote.conf between the key_begin and key_end lines

(keycode function #comment)

0x4d 116 #Power

0x0d 97 #ENTER/OK

Easier if you don't start from scratch but find a well commented remote.conf and just change the keycodes according to your remote's codes.

• JeffersPlease take issues with your remote.conf and problems following the tutorial to the appropriate thread.

The questions you ask are not related to Amlogic LibreElec builds, but your inability to follow simple directions that have already been previously posted.

To continue to hijack this general thread instead of posting in the appropriate ones is pretty close to spamming, which breaches this (as most) forums rules of conduct.

I can attempt to make the steps simpler for you, but you really do need to post in the correct thread :)

• JeffersPlease take issues with your remote.conf and problems following the tutorial to the appropriate thread.

The questions you ask are not related to Amlogic LibreElec builds, but your inability to follow simple directions that have already been previously posted.

To continue to hijack this general thread instead of posting in the appropriate ones is pretty close to spamming, which breaches this (as most) forums rules of conduct.

I can attempt to make the steps simpler for you, but you really do need to post in the correct thread :)

Poida

Apologies I am new to the forum and as you say I have posted incorrectly in this thread.

Are you or an administrator able to move my remote.conf posts and replies to the appropriate thread and let me have a link?

• I have now tested 8.1.5 and it is definitely better than 8.1.3+ but still not usable in my environment.

The connection is now at least reliable in most cases (no SSH timeouts, etc.) but still very slow with max. 300kB/s (~3Mbps) over SCP. After ~100MB of transferred data the connection again gets very unreliable and repeatedly drops the SSH session.

I have a 802.11n 5GHz network with an Asus RT-N66U AP with tomato-shibby firmware. Client is a Beelink Mini MX3 II. I also tried switching Channels but it makes no difference. About 1m away from the box my tablet is getting 80-90Mbps.

Edit: With 8.1.2 everything is fine again.

Just joined to post as I am having exactly the same issues and pretty sure same box too. Beelink Mini MXIII II 2GB/16GB rom (Running from SD card though).

I'm still on 8.0.2e as 8.1.5 just isn't usable over 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz wifi. Getting pretty much the same speeds of around 300KB/s. Ethernet is fine however.

Edit: just wanted to add thanks for the hard work and effort to bring this to the masses!

Edited once, last by Mr.Mac (August 21, 2017 at 11:22 AM).

• MiniMX s905 1/8GB AP6212 LE 8.1.5 SD. Device trees gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb. There are two troubles. The indicator turns red after turning on and often error CEC, sometimes with box freezing. Sorry for Google translation.

Hi,

here's the dtb of kszaq for 8.1.5 modified to fix the led color on MiniMX s905 1/8GB AP6212 .

rename the file to "dtb.img" before updating.

cheers

• Hello and greetings,

I found out that if i shut down kodi (Le), my player (minix U1) is going into sleep (green light,when fully on its Blue and fully off is no light)

Is it posible to make it fully shut down from the menu?

I ask because, some how in sleep mode the hdmi is not free, so when i want to watch tv after the player has been on , my avr yamaha rx677 wont connect to tv.

I have been fiddeling in cec adapter but no matter what, it never works,

• Hi Redcat

I have tested 3D on 8.1.5 version. Here no problems at all.

Hi Kajoe!

I'm glad it works for you, but there is no signal for me even in 3d movies. 8.0.2e works well, but newer versions (8.1.1-8.1.5) dont.

What can I do?

• Hello and greetings,

I found out that if i shut down kodi (Le), my player (minix U1) is going into sleep (green light,when fully on its Blue and fully off is no light)

Is it posible to make it fully shut down from the menu?

I ask because, some how in sleep mode the hdmi is not free, so when i want to watch tv after the player has been on , my avr yamaha rx677 wont connect to tv.

I have been fiddeling in cec adapter but no matter what, it never works,

How will be skin dependant.

I'm using Aeon Nox 5, Under the Power main option I set up sub options to Reload Kodi, Reboot Box and Power Off Box

• How will be skin dependant.

I'm using Aeon Nox 5, Under the Power main option I set up sub options to Reload Kodi, Reboot Box and Power Off Box

Hi, that i know i use defauld one, can even reload from internal from the menu, but power off is not realy power off, it goes to sleep.

In the original android i can choose between them sleep (standby) or power off.

• Greetings,

I'd love it if there's a setting to turn off the Led lights.

Because I leave the torrents running for the torrent, and I sleep in the same room, but my eyes are very tired, this is the LED light.

I want it for WeTek and Mecool devices.

Best regards...