[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Hm, this is getting wierd. I cannot get the image from 10th of June to run (no matter which of my downloaded dtb's I try) and all others from that time period either still show the bug or still use the old interface for forceRGB (so they are experimental releases using the older kernel).

I am now completely perplexed which image used to work. It might be that I tested one of yours and it was just a lucky coincidence that the forceRGB seemed to work at that time and then installed one of the other series and continued to use it. Dang.

• mmpp , here's a rgb test build (to be set in the same way).

Release 8.2-rgbtest · amillogical/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

It's built off kszaq's current tree with a kernel patch. When you first reported issues with force_rgb and the attr method worked for you, we still had the following commit in kernel: drivers/amlogic/hdmi: set video color parameter as well with forced o… · amillogical/linux-amlogic@4ad76d3 · GitHub

I had reverted it along with the sysfs interface commit immediately after your report, but in hindsight should have only reverted one.

Hi John

still the same with this build and "echo 'rgb,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr" (I had a green screen after ~ 15 minutes of HEVC playback).

• I don't know if this has been posted before, but maybe it could be useful for someone.

As I said in a previous post, after upgrading to this version, I couldn't access my samba shares in a Windows machine. The issue comes from a modification in LE 8.2, it's not a problem of kszaq's builds. It seems that kodi now always requires authentication (user/password) and my shares where free (no user, no password set in Windows).

After trying some tricks without success, I returned to previous 8.0 version, but today I tried again and found a solution. In kodi config, services, smb client, there is a new option to configure the maximum version of samba. If you set the value to "smb1", when you try to access a share kodi asks you for user/password. Then, if you don't have any user/password, you can enter anything you want (I've used user: "a" / password: "b") and access the share. You only need to do that one time, after that you can access automatically all shares in the same machine. It seems that kodi needs to have a user/password, even it's no useful at all.

• After rebooting the box, I had to enter again user/password the first time to access a windows share. There must be a way to store that info in a config file but I don't know how. Any idea?

• After rebooting the box, I had to enter again user/password the first time to access a windows share. There must be a way to store that info in a config file but I don't know how. Any idea?

Hi

you can permanently mount CIFS shares by creating a file in /storage/.config/system.d

There's a sample file (cifs.mount.sample)

• Well my take on having read through that is that it's a build problem not an addon one

I modified moonlight code a bit to make it start without streaming server and identified the issue. libamcodec will be fixed in a next build. Thank you for pointing this out. :thumbup:

• Hi,

Have installed LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.2.img.gz on my MXQ PRO box with 1G RAM, running S905X. It worked flawlessly via a toothpick method, now it runs off SD card, default dtb.img file worked very well, it even supports WiFi. The only issue here is that - very strangely to me - when I wanted to switch default Estuary skin into another language, it will only list English... Any advice how to fix it?

• mmpp, here's a build with the old output_rgb sysfs interface back. Initially I know you had issues with it (when the other method worked), but at this point I think it's worth trying. LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-devel-20170729192828-r25998-gf65b5f2.tar

Tried it this morning; sadly screen went pink after ~30 minutes of TV programme. This is my .config/autostart.sh:

Code
    echo 'rgb,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr
    echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb

To be sure I also issued the commands manually and waited for the pink screen to appear again.

• Thanks for the new test build 8.1.2 but sadly the 3D probelm still remains unchanged it seems. Tried a few times and with different 3D content videos too but still hte same problems as reported before.

Are you able to post link to a sample that crashes your box? I'll try to reproduce it on my non-3D TV. I also assume that this is using S905X?

• Hi

you can permanently mount CIFS shares by creating a file in /storage/.config/system.d

There's a sample file (cifs.mount.sample)

Thanks for the info, but I've found a much easier way. Only needed to enable the option "Remember for this path" in the dialog box for entering user/password. I didn't see it because I've never had to enter authentication for my shares before, but it's there. A little stupid but it works.

• Did anything change for pvr between 8.1.1 and 8.1.2? Having really bad stuttering and channels won't play properly

Log 0Ixx6

Same channel played from windows without any issues log here IGSWr

Default kodi for both tests

EDIT: Forgot log from 8.1.1 lYAxG channel plays fine

• Did anything change for pvr between 8.1.1 and 8.1.2? Having really bad stuttering and channels won't play properly

Yes. A backport that perhaps is not ready or should not be used in Krypton. I was hoping to fix some other issue. I'll revert it for 8.1.3.

• Hello. Sorry my English, typing from Brasil. Sorry my limited knowledge.

I have this X96 android tv box, getting DTS sound passtrough issues. It seems to be an android version problem, that might be fixed using Libreelec.

According to specifications, my X96 has S905x cpu and 2gb Ram.

I have tried install it usind a SD card, LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.2.img and gxl_p212_2g.

Libreelec logo starts, but a few seconds later, a message appears: "can't access tty; job control turned off" - there is more there, but I can not see it in my screen.

I have tryed 7.0 version. Tryed s905 (instead s905x) devide tree, but same error.

Can anyone guess where i am missing?

Thanks a lot.

Get full message now, it says:" ***Error in mount_storage: mount common: could not mount LABEL = LIBREELEC_DISK ***

"###Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit###

"sh: can't access tty: job control turned off"

Any help?

Edited once, last by rbizinoto (July 30, 2017 at 10:52 PM).