[8.1.9] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• kszaq Is the wifi issue fixed in 8.1.7?

Please test it on your box, I am unable to reproduce the issue on any of my boxes. There is a small change in the driver that may fix it. I did not revert the commit fully as it makes my WiFi unusable after some time in standby.

If 8.1.7 doesn't work for you, I am preparing a testing build with completely new driver - need to test if it works at all on my boxes.

• Please test it on your box, I am unable to reproduce the issue on any of my boxes. There is a small change in the driver that may fix it. I did not revert the commit fully as it makes my WiFi unusable after some time in standby.

If 8.1.7 doesn't work for you, I am preparing a testing build with completely new driver - need to test if it works at all on my boxes.

Just installed 8.1.7 and wifi is working flawless again!! Thank you very much.

• Updated last night to 8.1.7 on my Minix U1, so far so good!

Thanks kszaq!

Minix U1, S905 chipset, Dual Boot Libreelec / Android 5.1 lollipop, Samsung UHS-1 32GB Micro SDHC Memory card

• No, 10 bit plays fine with 12 bit settings ;)

By default what is enable?
    8, 10 or 12?

Box Android Mini M8S II (Amlogic S905X, 2GB RAM, 8GB ROM)
    LibreELEC 8.2 (Nougat Kernel) builds aimed at devices based on Amlogic S905/S905X SoC.

• Let me just point out that the quality of the picture depends on the video source, not your default color settings. As mention earlier, i you's 444, 12bit because i can. ;)

-2re

8.2 ⇒ NexBox A95X 2/8 GB ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• updated 64bit image with some addons built from kszaq 8.1.7 git tag to LE – Google Drive

player : Mini MX-G p200_2G & Inphic Spot i7 PRO p212
    monitor : iiyama ProLite E2283HS
    speaker : UE Boom 2
    dvb-t : PCTV microStick (79e)
    firmware : android | kszaq LE 64bit | balbes armbian | own gentoo

• Let me just point out that the quality of the picture depends on the video source, not your default color settings. As mention earlier, i you's 444, 12bit because i can. ;)

What's the point? Current TV's have 10 bit panels and only Dolby Vision can support up to 12 bit, but DV is not supported on these android boxes. Mine isn't anyway, I've tried DV demos on my TV, they run in DV but on my memobox T95N it just 'plays'.

If it ain't broken: break it, fix it, repeat

• What's the point? Current TV's have 10 bit panels and only Dolby Vision can support up to 12 bit, but DV is not supported on these android boxes. Mine isn't anyway, I've tried DV demos on my TV, they run in DV but on my memobox T95N it just 'plays'.

No point what so ever ;)

-2re

8.2 ⇒ NexBox A95X 2/8 GB ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• Just made the modification to enable suspend, works like a charm!

A big thank you! 8)

Minix U1, S905 chipset, Dual Boot Libreelec / Android 5.1 lollipop, Samsung UHS-1 32GB Micro SDHC Memory card

The post was edited 2 times, last by Brachiator ().

• Maybe too newbie questions but i need to ask them:

1. Is it safe to write to emmc....and if i perform this would it be possible to update later on....right now i have the latest 8.1.7

2. Right now i see that everything is working....do i need that device tree?