[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• For people saying SMB is working could you possibly mention what OS your server is running? Thanks.

There's a glitch in Millhouse builds at the moment - smb doesn't play nicely with windows shares if passwords aren't used. Might be the same issue...?

• There's a glitch in Millhouse builds at the moment - smb doesn't play nicely with windows shares if passwords aren't used. Might be the same issue...?

Ahh that could well be it. I'm not using any passwords on mine. Thanks, hopefully that can be fixed.

• There's a glitch in Millhouse builds at the moment - smb doesn't play nicely with windows shares if passwords aren't used. Might be the same issue...?

Is that passworded shares or user account passwords? because i don't passowrd shares but user account needs a password

I mean this

PqoslQe.png

Edited once, last by dazed (July 21, 2017 at 2:06 PM).

• Ok I just removed guest access and added a password protected account to my windows samba shares and can now access them with 8.2. It probably wasn't a bad idea to do that anyway. (Sorry for going on about samba shares so much! :D )

• I'm not sure if its really an issue, but doesn't matter if its 8.2 or 8.0.2 builds ... the TVH for me KII Pro - always fails with the pre-defined muxes for Brazil 70W DVB-S/2 (StaroneC2/C4).

If i choose this to scan it fails and no channel is on list after full scan. I had to manual change settings, give the first freq, and details create the network and start scan - so i got the data from SAT.

Looks like ok so far .. everything is working for me ...

• Is it possible to set the HDMI Out to RGB Color space? /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb does not exist anymore. However, there is a setting in /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config that refers to Color Space:

Code
    abox:/sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0 # cat config
    cur_VIC: 16
    cd = 4
    cs = 2
    audio config: on
    3D config: off

The setting in question is "cs", a value of 0 would be RGB. But writing to it always leads to a "write error: Bad address". Any idea how to accomplish this?

• Is it possible to set the HDMI Out to RGB Color space? /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb does not exist anymore. However, there is a setting in /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config that refers to Color Space:

Code
    abox:/sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0 # cat config
    cur_VIC: 16
    cd = 4
    cs = 2
    audio config: on
    3D config: off

The setting in question is "cs", a value of 0 would be RGB. But writing to it always leads to a "write error: Bad address". Any idea how to accomplish this?

There's a new way of setting it, but it's broken in the current build (and I broke it). Once kszaq reverts aml/video_dev: updates for nougat: · kszaq/linux-amlogic-le@c89478b · GitHub for the next build, you'll be able to run the following for forcing RGB out:

echo 'rgb,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

If you don't have anything in autostart.sh yet, you'll be able to run the following to set it on boot:

echo "echo 'rgb,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr" > autostart.sh

• There's a new way of setting it, but it's broken in the current build (and I broke it). Once kszaq reverts aml/video_dev: updates for nougat: · kszaq/linux-amlogic-le@c89478b · GitHub for the next build, you'll be able to run the following for forcing RGB out:

echo 'rgb,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

If you don't have anything in autostart.sh yet, you'll be able to run the following to set it on boot:

echo "echo 'rgb,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr" > autostart.sh

Thanks!