Version 8.0.2d for S805 - can't connect to wifi

• I'm new to all this and not sure if I'm posting this in the right place so apologies if I have done this completely wrong!

I've just managed, with the help of a youtube tutorial, to install LibreELEC 8.0.2d for S805 box (LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.0-8.0.2d-m201d) and it all seems to be there but when I go to System Settings to connect to my wifi, it doesn't even come up with 'wifi connections' in the Network tab and I can't figure out how to rectify this. I'm not very tech savvy these days so if anyone knows how I can fix this without melting my tiny little brain, I would be most grateful for a step-by-step idiot's guide to fixing the issue! I can't do anything with it until I can get it to connect to my wifi network!

I've tried loading the Jarvis version as well and it doesn't come up with a wifi connection either. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I assume it's me - the installed Kodi version on the box connects to the wifi ok so I don't understand why LibreELEC is not finding the router.

Thanks for any help you can give! Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place!

Rowena

Edited once, last by RowenaH74: Updated text after trying potential (unsuccessful) solution (June 30, 2017 at 10:49 PM).

• You probably have an unsupported WiFi chip. Please either check in Android or open the box and tell us what chip you have. If it is SSV6051 or SCI9082, I have bad news for you.