Librespot addon

• Hello brot

I am not sure what is happening on your system.

Could you provide the output of 'pactl list modules short', to check that the addon has correctly set up pulseaudio.

Hi awiouy - sorry for the delay!

enclosed please find the requested output.

Greetings!

I disabled discovery & autoplay in the addon-options and tried to start librespot again. Unfortunately that didnt work either.

kodi.log: hastebin

journal: hastebin

EDIT2:

alsa backend works without any issues. I just can't see any album art with the new version - is that normal?

Why is "--disable-audio-cache" always set as default in all versions? Shouldnt caching speedup the whole thing?

EDIT3:

If I start another addon after started librespot with alsa backend and I want to switch back to librespot, librespot crashes with the following error:

Alsa error PCM open ALSA function 'snd_pcm_open' failed with error 'EBUSY: Device or resource busy'

Code
    May 14 12:28:59 htpc librespot[14417]: @Playing Track 56fiFTRrSiHHH3gBeaTg2P
    May 14 12:28:59 htpc librespot[14417]: [2020-05-14T10:28:59Z ERROR librespot_playback::audio_backend::alsa] Alsa error PCM open ALSA function 'snd_pcm_open' failed with error 'EBUSY: Device or resource busy'
    May 14 12:28:59 htpc librespot[14417]: [2020-05-14T10:28:59Z ERROR librespot_playback::player] Could not start audio: Alsa error: PCM open failed
    May 14 12:28:59 htpc librespot[14417]: [2020-05-14T10:28:59Z ERROR librespot_playback::audio_backend::alsa] Alsa error PCM open ALSA function 'snd_pcm_open' failed with error 'EBUSY: Device or resource busy'
    May 14 12:28:59 htpc librespot[14417]: [2020-05-14T10:28:59Z ERROR librespot_playback::player] Could not start audio: Alsa error: PCM open failed
    May 14 12:28:59 htpc librespot[14417]: @Playing Track 56fiFTRrSiHHH3gBeaTg2P
    May 14 12:28:59 htpc librespot[14417]: thread '<unnamed>' panicked at 'called `Option::unwrap()` on a `None` value', src/libcore/option.rs:378:21

Is there any way to fix that?

And how can I integrate librespot with alsa backend into kodi? Even with "--notify-kodi" I can't see any information in kodi while librespot is running (album cover, playback buttons, etc)

Edited 4 times, last by brot (May 14, 2020 at 11:36 AM).

• The alsa service doesn't start at boot, I have to start it manually using ssh:

systemctl start service.librespot-alsa.service

How can I make it start on boot?

• Hello, I am currently running librespot (version below) and the end result is that i would like play librespot through the audio jack on my pi, and also i would like to pipe this audio to snapserver. the only way i manage to do this is install snapclient also on the same pi to play the audio, but this is a little choppy. as everything run on the same box, i was wondering how i can do this?

service.librespot-9.2.0.123.zip

service.snapclient-9.2.0.102.zip

service.snapserver-9.2.0.102.zip

Thanks for the great work!!

• Hi everyone, since the latest update, I can't just swipe to the next song on Spotify. Spotify closes the window. I hope I was able to describe the problem so that it is understood :)

Hello everyone, will there be a solution soon?

Greetings

• Hello,

Thanks for the add-on, it works perfectly on my raspberry pi 4 with LibreElec.

There is just one small thing that bothers me: the track length is not sent to kodi and the timer just increase forever during the whole listening session. I guess it is not easy to have it displayed properly but it seems that the kodi Spotify add-on by marceldevt (which is unusable because the Spotify connect functionality works poorly and is not maintened anymore) manages to have all playback data on screen. Is there a way to solve this "issue" ?

• Hello,

I am a dedicated LibreSpot user. I’m running ver 9.0.115 on LibreELEC 9.2.3 on a RPi3. Runs flawlessly - I have it playing all day.
    Whenever I try updating LibreSpot to a 9.2 version, I no longer get LibreSpot as a connection option.
    Is there some simple adjust/setting I am missing?

Thanks!

• Hello Sappi,

did you have more luck with Avahi turned on? I am asking because I had likely the same problem, but as awiouy mentioned earlier, Avahi must be turned on. That was my problem.

Yes, this solved the problem also for me. Sorry for not reporting earlier.

• Hi awiouy,

Do you think it would be possible to port this addon to Android, so that I could use it on my FireTV Stick (which is based on Android)?

I guess the main task would be to replace Pulseaudio as the audio backend with whatever android uses, correct?

I would love to be able to stream music from my phone directly to kodi, without opening the native Android Spotiy app.

Edited once, last by 4Style (June 20, 2020 at 10:02 AM).

• Hi everyone, total noob here, so please forgive me.

I have LibreELEC 8.0.4 on my Raspberry Pi , but cannot find this addon in any repos.

It isn't in the Kodi repo, or the official and unofficial LibreELEC repos. Am I blind? Where can I install it? Please help!

EDIT: Nevermind, I somehow installed a really old version of OpenELEC...

• Hi,

I have Librespot 9.2.0.124 working on Libreelec 9.2.4, but playback stalls after 45 minutes.

It seems that 45 minute time-to-stall is pretty consistent.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what to look for as a solution?

Thanks.

• There is just one small thing that bothers me: the track length is not sent to kodi and the timer just increase forever during the whole listening session. I guess it is not easy to have it displayed properly but it seems that the kodi Spotify add-on by marceldevt (which is unusable because the Spotify connect functionality works poorly and is not maintened anymore) manages to have all playback data on screen. Is there a way to solve this "issue" ?

Hello,

Thanks for this addon. I'm using it with LibreELEC 9.2.6. Two things:

• I hope there is a way to fix the "issue" mentioned by Ricardo666 concerning the track length
    • How can I let the artist/title infos displayed all the time on the TV? It fades away after a few seconds and I see only the artwork. It shows up again for a few seconds if I display the buttons under the seekbar.

Thanks!

• The alsa service doesn't start at boot, I have to start it manually using ssh:

systemctl start service.librespot-alsa.service

How can I make it start on boot?

Hello,

when I perform above command, I have the following repsonse on the terminal:

Failed to start service.librespot.service: Unit service.librespot.service not found.

I've tryed to launch the command from the initial location once loged via SSH and from .kodi/adons directory.

For information I've just installed latest version of libreelec and librespot.

Which command should I launch to execute librespot correctly?

Why is it not possible top launch it from the addon menue of libreelec?

Cheers