Librespot addon

• Dear All,

I installed this on my raspberry with latest libreelec, and my android phones spotify indeed does see librespot. However, it keeps staying on "connecting" and then falls back after a while to the device that it was using - it does manage to connect to the raspberry.

Could this have something to do with that the raspberry runs over LAN while the android phone is on my wifi - both are running via the same router though?

• Dear All,

I installed this on my raspberry with latest libreelec, and my android phones spotify indeed does see librespot. However, it keeps staying on "connecting" and then falls back after a while to the device that it was using - it does manage to connect to the raspberry.

Could this have something to do with that the raspberry runs over LAN while the android phone is on my wifi - both are running via the same router though?

Hi, I can only recommend (if you have an Android Phone) to buy the app HiFy. Works perfectly with Libreelec! With Librespot I had only problems.

• Dear All,

Are the phone and LibreELEC on the same subnet? If you do not know what a subnet is, what are the IP addresses and mask of the devices?

• Hi, I can only recommend (if you have an Android Phone) to buy the app HiFy. Works perfectly with Libreelec! With Librespot I had only problems.

Thanks, but I can see it only supports premium which I´m still not set up for - going through some crazy steps for setting up a bank account with a debet card in my home country, where I do not live in order to unlock all music from there. I thought libreelec would support spotify free also, but if thats not the case, this could be the reason why it doesnt want to establish a connection?

• Thanks, but I can see it only supports premium which I´m still not set up for - going through some crazy steps for setting up a bank account with a debet card in my home country, where I do not live in order to unlock all music from there. I thought libreelec would support spotify free also, but if thats not the case, this could be the reason why it doesnt want to establish a connection?

Hello, I also think that it only works with a premium account.

• In my install librespot stopped working (it does not show up on phone/tablets/pcs). Is there a PC version of 115d I can try?

I am runnining 9.0.1on intel platform (generic). I'll be happy to test the code but I have no build setup to make packages.

• Hi,

I have just started using this plugin with libreelec 9.0.1 on odroid C2, it works really well with an attached DAC/preamp connected via USB (being able to select a sound output that is NOT the TV is a great feature) but occasionally I would hear a click, only really noticeable on classical music as it's very slight but distracting nonetheless.

I could reproduce it by making the system busy, by using the UI a lot for example.

I managed to pretty much eradicate it by adding "Nice=-20" to the service.librespot.service file, perhaps it would even benefit from realtime priority or something like that.

Anyway, thanks for a great package.

• Hello,
    I Have the Problem that I can not hear podcasts via Librespot. Is the problem known? Music and audiobooks go without problems, but on podcast it is grayed out in the spotify app.

• False alarm. It turn out to be a problem with some other plugin which apparently blocked librespot. If you have the same problem (no or vanishing from network librespot). Check you other plugins!

• Hi,

Did anyone ever solve the aarch64 librespot build issues? I'm trying to get it running on an rock pi 4 (rk3399) running libreelec
    I tried it once again, after installing multiple packages (Is anyone actually maintaining the Dockerfile build system?), the build succeeds:

Code
    /build/aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu/release/librespot: 

ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, 
    ARM aarch64, version 1 (SYSV), 
    dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1, 
    for GNU/Linux 3.7.0, BuildID[sha1]=22868f7b151349b43aa45f2a4c6ac3e3ece62a97, with debug_info, not stripped

So basically, it seems to be correct?

However, running it on the rock pi returns -sh: ./librespot: not found (Although it is there)

This normally indicates some kind of incompatible executable file, doesn't it?

• Hi,

I just found this add-on and installed the latest version under Libreelec 8.2.3 for my Wetek Play 2 device. I have 2 issues which after doing a quick search i have not seen mentioned here.

1. Starting a song from a playlist on my phone and selecting Librespot the song starts and plays fine however if i now want to play a different song and i select it on my phone then Librespot simply goes back to playing the original selected song. The only workaround i found for this is that if i add the song i would like to switch to to my current play queue and then select the song from within the queue it gets played otherwise i am sort of locked into the current play queue no matter what. Within the play queue i can skip forward to different song fine however if i want to play any song that is not in that queue it won't play it.

I checked this behaviour on my LG smart tv which also has a Spotify app installed and there i can control the music just fine. I can jump between songs via my phone without an issue no matter what playlist they are in. So based on this it seems to be a Librespot issue to me.

2. Both ALSA and Kodi output work fine however i have noticed if i choose ALSA as output and turn off my tv after a while the song just stops. When using the Kodi method this does not happen. Any idea why this is happening with the ALSA method?

Cheers

Update: So after i read through the entire thread i found that the issue in point 1 i mentioned has been affecting other users as well. I have also seen that the issue has been fixed with Librespot v115 however that version is only available on LE9. Is there any chance that this issue can be fixed for the LE8 version as well (currently latest version there is v111)? I have issues with Kodi Leia and wouldn't want to upgrade to it just for this one addon to work.

Edited once, last by CaptainHero (July 3, 2019 at 10:00 AM).

• Hi, don't know what happened today, but I can select analog audio as output on my RPi2 anymore, it was working fine. I have tried reinstalling the two latest versions. Playback device is empty, I've tried hw:0,0 and hw:0,1 both output through HDMI. Can anyone help?

Edit:

In the configuration wizard choosing sysdefaultCARD=ALSA allows headphone jack to be used :)

Edited 2 times, last by siz (July 27, 2019 at 3:41 PM).