Librespot addon

• Dear All,

I installed this on my raspberry with latest libreelec, and my android phones spotify indeed does see librespot. However, it keeps staying on "connecting" and then falls back after a while to the device that it was using - it does manage to connect to the raspberry.

Could this have something to do with that the raspberry runs over LAN while the android phone is on my wifi - both are running via the same router though?

• Dear All,

I installed this on my raspberry with latest libreelec, and my android phones spotify indeed does see librespot. However, it keeps staying on "connecting" and then falls back after a while to the device that it was using - it does manage to connect to the raspberry.

Could this have something to do with that the raspberry runs over LAN while the android phone is on my wifi - both are running via the same router though?

Hi, I can only recommend (if you have an Android Phone) to buy the app HiFy. Works perfectly with Libreelec! With Librespot I had only problems.

• Dear All,

Are the phone and LibreELEC on the same subnet? If you do not know what a subnet is, what are the IP addresses and mask of the devices?

@

• Hi, I can only recommend (if you have an Android Phone) to buy the app HiFy. Works perfectly with Libreelec! With Librespot I had only problems.

Thanks, but I can see it only supports premium which I´m still not set up for - going through some crazy steps for setting up a bank account with a debet card in my home country, where I do not live in order to unlock all music from there. I thought libreelec would support spotify free also, but if thats not the case, this could be the reason why it doesnt want to establish a connection?

• Thanks, but I can see it only supports premium which I´m still not set up for - going through some crazy steps for setting up a bank account with a debet card in my home country, where I do not live in order to unlock all music from there. I thought libreelec would support spotify free also, but if thats not the case, this could be the reason why it doesnt want to establish a connection?

Hello, I also think that it only works with a premium account.

• In my install librespot stopped working (it does not show up on phone/tablets/pcs). Is there a PC version of 115d I can try?

I am runnining 9.0.1on intel platform (generic). I'll be happy to test the code but I have no build setup to make packages.

• Hi,

I have just started using this plugin with libreelec 9.0.1 on odroid C2, it works really well with an attached DAC/preamp connected via USB (being able to select a sound output that is NOT the TV is a great feature) but occasionally I would hear a click, only really noticeable on classical music as it's very slight but distracting nonetheless.

I could reproduce it by making the system busy, by using the UI a lot for example.

I managed to pretty much eradicate it by adding "Nice=-20" to the service.librespot.service file, perhaps it would even benefit from realtime priority or something like that.

Anyway, thanks for a great package.

• I wonder if it is possible to play local files? I can use it on desktop to phone (with playlist and download). Maybe it can be added too?

• Hello,
    I Have the Problem that I can not hear podcasts via Librespot. Is the problem known? Music and audiobooks go without problems, but on podcast it is grayed out in the spotify app.

• False alarm. It turn out to be a problem with some other plugin which apparently blocked librespot. If you have the same problem (no or vanishing from network librespot). Check you other plugins!

Unfortunately, I can not reinstall Librespot. Does not work with Libreelec 8/9. During installation, an error message appears.