Librespot addon

• I unistalled the plugin, deleted the settings folder, installed again, but i still get the same error.

• LibreELEC 9.0 running on Raspi3

Spotify 8.4.82.664 running on android 8.0.0

librespot-log:

http://ix.io/1v4h

With the LE8-system and librespot, spotify sees the new device directly.

With the LE9-system unfortunately it doesn't... From the log however it seems that librespot is not running, right?

• I installed Librespot 8.2.111 on LibreELEC 8.2.5 on an RPi3B+. I can connect from my Android phone (Spotify version 8.4.82.664) and start playing, but after a few tracks, it stops. From that point I am unable to reconnect to Librespot from my phone until I reboot LibreELEC.

I have:

set wait for network in LibreELEC settings

left username and password blank

tried Kodi mode

LibreELEC log:

http://ix.io/1vte

journalctl -u service.librespot:

I can see it claims that the connection was reset by peer, but I'm not doing anything. I found a related Github issue, but I'm not having this issue with the Volumio plugin which is based on Librespot. I've read a few comments (though I'm not sure they are relevant to this issue) from users who removed PulseAudio to fix Librespot. Is that an option on LibreELEC?

In summary, a LibreELEC device only behaves as a Spotify Connect client while it is not playing a media.

Last time I checked, a PS4 behaves the same: it will not play Spotify while a game is played.

It makes sense when parents and teenagers share such devices ;)

The addon could be updated to switch this behaviour on or off, but I neither have time or a need for it. Contributions are welcome

That has never been true. The PS4 Spotify app launched with support for music during games and still has it.

• XelNika

Librespot does not exit upon network failure.This is a known bug that no developer was able to fix up to now, see eg Panic does not exit · Issue #226 · librespot-org/librespot · GitHub. One solution is to use a stable network connection.

If you think pulseaudio is the problem, then use ALSA mode: Librespot for LibreELEC only uses pulseaudio in Kodi mode, to stream to Kodi.

As for disabling Librespot during Kodi playback, it is an implementation choice: the user of Kodi (me) has precedence over Spotify users (my teenagers). If you value this feature less than I do, feel free to change the corresponding Python code here LibreELEC.tv/ls_player.py at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Coders are welcome!

@

• hi,

Thanks for the add on, it works great on kodi LibreELEC 9.

Is there a feature that keeps the screen black when the next song is starting?

That would be very nice because I hear a lot of audiobooks about the addon. :-).

• hi,

Thanks for the add on, it works great on kodi LibreELEC 9.

Is there a feature that keeps the screen black when the next song is starting?

That would be very nice because I hear a lot of audiobooks about the addon. :-).

Try to use ALSA output mode.

@

• Hi, thanks for this great add-on, finally I can play Spotify over my RPi 3/Kodi. The only thing is that I can't see artist, title or playing time on the on screen display. I have to look at Spotify on my smartphone to see what I'm playing. The only thing I do see on my Kodi screen is a notification in the upper right corner which DOES display artist and title. So somehow Kodi receives this information whenever a song starts. Is there a way to display this information in the OSD permanently, throughout the entire song? Are there any settings I can tweak?

• Hi, thanks for this great add-on, finally I can play Spotify over my RPi 3/Kodi. The only thing is that I can't see artist, title or playing time on the on screen display. I have to look at Spotify on my smartphone to see what I'm playing. The only thing I do see on my Kodi screen is a notification in the upper right corner which DOES display artist and title. So somehow Kodi receives this information whenever a song starts. Is there a way to display this information in the OSD permanently, throughout the entire song? Are there any settings I can tweak?

This feature is only available with LibreELEC version 9.0, when you set Librespot to use Kodi mode.

@

• Thanks!

Before testing it (I really depend on this addon 8))

Just making sure - Chromebox is still supported right?

If you have issues with the preview, then simply revert to the latest release (with update).

@