Beelink MiniMXIII / Realtek RTL8723BS WiFi

• I was wondering what people's typical experience is with the outdated/crappy WiFi chip found in this box:
    Realtek_RTL8723BS_Combo_Module_(SDIO)

My testing shows I get around 10-15Mb on a speed test regardless of distance between the AP and the TV box.

Complaints about this chip seem to be quite common as it was used in some cheap/old tablets & laptops.

15Mb is a big improvement over the stock Beelink firmware which struggled to hit even 5Mb from two feet away!

I did replace the stock Android system with the unofficial Minix U1 port which improved things considerably.

It's also excellent with LibreELEC of course! :D (just running off a microSD card atm)

As a comparison a Fire TV 2 I tested yesterday scored a much nicer 30Mb+ from the usual position downstairs underneath the TV.
    The Fire TV 2 is three times the price of this cheap Beelink box so I don't regret buying it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As per this teardown video would soldering an external antenna likely improve the strength/speed at all?
    Can drivers improve it further?
    Or is this more likely a 1x1 antenna limitation?

When hard wired to my N66U the box fares much better: 50Mb.
    Due to the location downstairs I'd have to use powerline adapters such as these or a a second N66U in Media Bridge mode.

Any thoughts?