[8.0.0] [IR TSOP4838] LIRC setup fails - no output from irw

• Hey guys,

At the moment I'm trying to setup LIRC with a TSOP4838 and a rpi3 for the xbox one remote. I followed following guide: "How To Setup LIRC GPIO IR Remote Control [..]"

Despite the fact that I can successfully record the keys with

Code
    irrecord -d /dev/lirc0 lircd.conf

and copying the generated file to /storage/.config I dont get any output when I run (after rebooting) irw.

Here is what I tried/verified:

• Checked if mode2 -d /dev/lirc0 prints an output (should indeed succeed because i can record keys).
    • dmesg output is as in the tutorial described.
    • Tried another TSOP4838 (just to be sure that the sensor works correctly).
    • Reran irrecord
    • Disabled CEC (both TV+kodi)

I'm stucked at this point now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you in advance.

PS: I'm using LibreELEC 8.0.0 and the GPIO IR is running at 3.3V.

Edit[1]: dmesg output

Code
    dmesg | grep lirc
    [    3.403009] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 244
    [    3.433801] lirc_rpi: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
    [    4.365051] lirc_rpi: auto-detected active low receiver on GPIO pin 18
    [    4.365264] lirc_rpi lirc_rpi: lirc_dev: driver lirc_rpi registered at minor = 0
    [    4.365266] lirc_rpi: driver registered!
    [    4.572002] input: lircd-uinput as /devices/virtual/input/input0
    [    4.703367] input: eventlircd as /devices/virtual/input/input1

Edited once, last by thunderwolf (March 12, 2017 at 9:54 AM).

• Thunderfolf,

Same setup here, and pretty much same problems or even worst as I had no output from the mode2 command.

After reading your post, and thanks to Henk50 for the tip, went over the how-to you followed. Realized I had a different syntax for the overlay command. So replaced it and started getting something from the tsop4838. Nothing from IRW yet.

So after trying different things, realized the output from irrecord generated a file under /storage/.config with the name I put when I ran the wizard. So I renamed it to lircd.conf ... Next, I got input from IRW, and started working on Kodi.

Now I am happily using my TV remote on LE 8.0.0. Hope it works and good luck.

Cheers.