Zotac fresh install

• I was just wondering if it's normal that it takes more than an hour (and it's still going) to do a fresh installation of the latest LibreELEC? The screen is still on:

PARTITION RESIZING IN PROGRESS

Please do not reboot or turn off your LibreELEC device!

Checking layout... (animated line still moving)

There's an SSD in the Zotac of about 256 GB, is this normal?

Edited once, last by DarkLite1 (March 4, 2017 at 2:11 PM).

• The file 'LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0.0.img.gz' was downloaded on Ubuntu with the tool 'LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Linux-64bit.bin'.

Model: ZBOXNANO AD12

When I read this it seems like it's doing a fix on the SSD, there was still a very old version of OpenELEC on it with XBMC 12.2 from 2013:

Edited once, last by DarkLite1 (March 4, 2017 at 2:42 PM).

• I always make sure to install in Bios/legacy mode as i get less problem,
    also because i prefer to have 2 ext4 partition instead of 1 fat32 and 1 ext4.
    You can try that.

• The only annoying thing is, I'm still assuming it's fixing the disk partitioning and it's taking some time. but I can't see the progress. Cancelling now will most likely result in the same action taken place but in compatibility with BIOS/Legacy. I'd rather wait for it and hope it gets done soon. I can still hear the disk working and the animation spinning. so it's still doing what it's designed to do. Just without any indication of progress percentages. I'm sure it can't be that long anymore....

• Then it's indeed not a good sign... Hmmmm... So you suggest me to make changes in the BIOS to use Legacy mode instead of UEFI? Or should I started a Gparted and format the drive myself?

• Gparted wouldn't hurt but i don't think it's necessary here, if you do format it ext4.
    Try installing with another USB stick and yes make sure to boot the USB stick in Legacy mode.

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (March 4, 2017 at 2:57 PM).

• Weird, when I now try the installer again after wiping the whole drive to EXT4 it just boots straight to the Live environment and doesn't start the installer.
    [hr]
    Fixed now by following your instructions: Set all stuff in the BIOS to legacy instead of UEFI. Then I could boot the stick and type 'installer' which started the installation flawlessly. Very weird stuff, but now it works. Thanks again for your help.

Edited once, last by DarkLite1 (March 4, 2017 at 4:14 PM).

• Weird, when I now try the installer again after wiping the whole drive to EXT4 it just boots straight to the Live environment and doesn't start the installer.
    [hr]
    Fixed now by following your instructions: Set all stuff in the BIOS to legacy instead of UEFI. Then I could boot the stick and type 'installer' which started the installation flawlessly. Very weird stuff, but now it works. Thanks again for your help.

Glad it worked out
    :)

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (March 4, 2017 at 4:21 PM).