Altering power menu permanently

• Hi!

What would be the best approach with libreelec to make a change in the power menu defined in /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/DialogButtonMenu.xml ?

My understanding is that changing this file will not survive a libreelec update or estuary addon update.

Thanks!
    Marcus

Edited once, last by Marcus (February 17, 2017 at 12:42 PM).

• What i did was;
    -Forked Estuary skin repo
    -Added minimal mods and fixes(skin colors, main menu items and categories customization, fullscreen music visualization...)
    -Maintain it myself and adding latest(good) commits
    -Install it as an addon
    Like this you can do what you want and it will survive LibreELEC updates

BTW my power menu is customized like so;
    -Power off system
    -Reboot
    -Inhibit idle shutdown(if activated)

EDIT: removed links

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (February 21, 2017 at 4:20 PM).

• Thanks! Not what I was hoping for, but I'll go that route if there is no easier way.

Isn't there some kind of addon that let's me configure title/action pairs and then simply shows these as a menu (in full screen or as an overlay menu). I could then simply call this addon from my power button. This way I could put all the actions that I don't have buttons left for on my remote reach through the power button.

Edited once, last by Marcus (February 17, 2017 at 6:46 PM).

• Isn't there some kind of addon that let's me configure title/action pairs and then simply shows these as a menu (in full screen or as an overlay menu). I could then simply call this addon from my power button. This way I could put all the actions that I don't have buttons left for on my remote reach through the power button.

I'm sorry i'm not sure of what you're asking here, you want to be able to call an addon when pressing the power button the same addon would let you mod a menu?

• The addon would have a configuration page that lets me input title and kodi action pairs. When the addon is executed, it would show these configured titles in a menu and when pressed execute the configured action.

I would then map the power button in remote.xml to this addon.

Hope this clears it up.