Wetek Play 2 Random Freezing 7.95.3

• Thought I'd open a separate thread about this. I'd originally posted about it over here: thread-3214-post-34262.html#pid34262

Basically when using LibreELEC 7.95.3 on my Wetek Play 2 the Kodi UI will freeze up after a random amount of inactivity (it normally happens sometime during the night)
    I am still able to access the Wetek Play via SSH.

This same freezing was also present in the 7.90.10 alpha release. It is NOT present in any of Raybuntu's releases that I have tried.

I have grabbed the kodi log file here: ZZWA

• Hello,

same issue,
    instlalled LE 7.95.3 on Wetek Play 2, installed TVHeadend.
    When I access to to Wetek via LAN, TVHeadend and LAN access freezes after 5 - 15 minutes. Only solution is restart.
    Also connection via wireless seems to help.

Thanks

• Thought I'd open a separate thread about this. I'd originally posted about it over here: thread-3214-post-34262.html#pid34262

Basically when using LibreELEC 7.95.3 on my Wetek Play 2 the Kodi UI will freeze up after a random amount of inactivity (it normally happens sometime during the night)
    I am still able to access the Wetek Play via SSH.

This same freezing was also present in the 7.90.10 alpha release. It is NOT present in any of Raybuntu's releases that I have tried.

I have grabbed the kodi log file here: ZZWA

This exact same behaviour is still present in the official 8.0 release.
    The UI froze overnight again, access via SSH is still possible. The gdb command is consuming 100% of CPU time, so basically one whole core.

Here's the latest Kodi.log dump:
    AaLL

Is there anything else I can do to help debug this?

• Another day, another freeze overnight

Kodi.log
    cTdZ

What's the official line of advice here? Shall I stick with this & supply daily Kodi logs every time it crashes / freezes? Or is no one actually interested in solving what seems to be quite a serious bug?
    This cannot be called a stable release as it is locking up at least once a day (it actually locked up yesterday afternoon as well but I didn't have chance to post about it here)
    Shall I just go back to using Raybuntu's releases that do not suffer with these problems?
    Unfortunately I don't have any coding skills so I am unable to offer any suggestions for a fix, hence why I am posting here to report the bug.

• I have the same issue on my Play2. (8.0 release)
    Watch TV with TVH HTSP Client. Randomly freeze after 5 - and 30 minutes.
    TVheadend server ist NOT running on this box.
    This should be easy to reproduce.

Edited once, last by thomasp667 (February 25, 2017 at 11:08 AM).

• Interesting to read this because i have the exact same issues on my cubox i4pro (imx6.arm) since 7.95.3 version.

Currently i am trying a different build by a community member which so far at least (since yesterday) has not caused this crash.

It seems then whatever happened since 7.95.3 is not just related to the cubox architechture then...

• And again at 11.08pm tonight

bCXX

It really seems to be the bug spotted by jester. I've opened a thread about it [1], before finding your post.

I had exactly the same issue: the use of NFS freeze the box when the network is lost.

You can try to unmount all network share, and launch an iperf test for hours (installed by the addon). Theoretically, after the crash, you should be able to turn off/on the network with the GUI. If this is the case, I would really think it's the "eee" issue which was not integrated in 8.0.

If you can recompile the latest 8 branch, I suggest you to try, If not, you'll have to wait for the next release :-\

[1] thread-5234-post-37195.html

• I think this issue is different.
    When this crash happens, I am no longer able to use the GUI, it is completely frozen.
    I am however still able to access the Wetek Play 2 over the network, for example via SSH.

I know of the eee bug that you mentioned, but I believe this was fixed from something like 7.95.3 onwards, I don't experience any network drop outs anymore. Just this random GUI freezing issue now. If it's any help to anyone trying to diagnose this, it only seems to happen after the Wetek Play 2 has been left to idle for a while