Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• I don't see why that would matter, you don't need another TV just a computer/mobile connected to the same network.

Anyways you can use various add-ons that use RetroArch, one of them is the IARL launcher GitHub - zach-morris/plugin.program.iarl: Internet Archive ROM Launcher (IARL) will download ROMs from the Internet Archive and launch them with Kodi

there is another one called "Bolts-On!" but its banned on this forum.

you could also use Lakka Lakka - The DIY open source retrogaming emulation console directly and hopefully they have made the changes to output CVBS, it doesn't use EmulationStation tho.

Thank you for your reply, the problem is that i use wifi and cant set wifi connection if i dont see anything on the screen...=x

dont get me wrong, i would love so much to have your software running here but i dont know why it just doesnt works on my setup =x

If we could find a way to config it directly on the usb card it could help somehow but as far as you dont support cvbs 480p its almost impossible for me to use it =x

I tried to boot lakka without success on this box =-x even with the dtb.img that i do use on libreelec.

• Thank you for your reply, the problem is that i use wifi and cant set wifi connection if i dont see anything on the screen...=x

dont get me wrong, i would love so much to have your software running here but i dont know why it just doesnt works on my setup =x

If we could find a way to config it directly on the usb card it could help somehow but as far as you dont support cvbs 480p its almost impossible for me to use it =x

Ahh now I get it, sorry for my confusion.

Try the other options, unfortunately there is no way for me to fix/test any CVBS issues as I mentioned before I have no TV nor a device that can output CVBS :(

• have you tried this ?

Code
    fbset -fb /dev/fb0 -g 1280 960 1280 1920 32
    fbset -fb /dev/fb1 -g 32 32 32 32 32
    echo 0 0 1279 959 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale_axis
    echo 30 10 669 469 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/window_axis
    echo 640 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/scale_width
    echo 480 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/scale_height
    echo 0x10001 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale

Unfortunately you will have to run it from SSH to test :/

• have you tried this ?

Code
    fbset -fb /dev/fb0 -g 1280 960 1280 1920 32
    fbset -fb /dev/fb1 -g 32 32 32 32 32
    echo 0 0 1279 959 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale_axis
    echo 30 10 669 469 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/window_axis
    echo 640 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/scale_width
    echo 480 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/scale_height
    echo 0x10001 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale

Unfortunately you will have to run it from SSH to test :/

i cant run it from ssh because i cant see anything and have black image, so how will i do it? again..is there anyway to set it by editing some file?

• I also saw that after some time it reboots and tries to boot again! ( it crashes after trying to set image and resolution to boot, similar to what happens on windows with bad drivers or unsupported resolution).

I tested the above stuff on an working libreelec image ( this one is LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.img) and on this one on display settings it shows resolution 720x570i ..even when on the autostart.sh its :

This LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.img also fails to run retroarch and emulationstation, gives the same problem as your OS, the difference is that with this one it boots up and i can see menus and work with it and even work with wireless and ssh, on yours i cant boot, only black screen and the bug happens on this image only when i open emulationstation or retroarch..your's the problem happens on boot.
    Thats how this one is:

nano /storage/.config/autostart.sh

And inside

echo 480cvbs > /sys/class/display/mode

I see the resolution changes after the echo 480cvbs in there but display settings still blank showing resolution 720x570i..it makes me believe that using echo 480cvbs is not really changing the render resolution but only the menu resolution and thats why i cant make emulation station and other images to run here..

So any tips on how do we make it change?

Im ready to help you on testing to make it happen, just give me the directions and i can test it !

• Thats because mine boots into emulationstation. let me compile a version with Kodi as startup and see if it works for you, then we can test it. It would be better if you had an ethernet cable tho

• Thats because mine boots into emulationstation. let me compile a version with Kodi as startup and see if it works for you, then we can test it. It would be better if you had an ethernet cable tho

No problem i will get an ethernet cable with my brother in 5 minutes i will be ready to test it all out just let me know when you get ready so we can test it all

obs: ethernet cable working! let me know when you get that special image ready for test heheh

again thank you so much about all the efford on helping me out, i do really enjoy your work!

Edited once, last by jasonhelene (February 15, 2018 at 11:47 PM).

• Hello all, for those of you that use or care about this build. Since LE 8.2 has been discontinued on the s905 there will not be any big updates to the LE side of Sx05RE, I could move forward to the new version 9.0 but it is in alpha stage right now, and I don't know if its worth it just yet, I have started testing it but I see no reason as of yet to move to that version.

I am still working on it and there will still be updates to the emulator side and there will be another build with Pegasus-fe which is way faster and lighter than ES.

but I do ask myself, Is Retroplayer included in LE 9? and if it is , will there still be any room/demand for Sx05RE? let me know :)

• Sure, i wait too until LE9 is in final release stage to upgrade. I m too old yet to play around with alpha/beta releases...had my time with since the first xmbc on the first XBox. ;) BUT there is room/demand for SX05RE, cause without it, there is no Emulationstation, with its cool skins and video preview. And there are people outside, like four friends of mine, which dont need Kodi and boot only your great Sx05RE releases to play vintage games. So please keep up your fantastic work! We love it here in Germany!

• I barely use Kodi on the Sx05RE, I mostly use it for the emulation part, I even setup my box inside a Playstation 1 case I had and added a HDD for all my ROMS :)

I am still going to be updating the build, 8.2 will be updated as long as the S905 has a life (I hope) , worst case scenario I just switch to the Lakka build and add EmulationStation or Pegasus-FE.

Thanks for the reply.

• I could not boot version 1.8.2. Message:

cp: write error: no space left on device

*** Error in prepare_sysroot: mount_common: Could not mount /dev/SYSTEM ***

### Starting debugging shell ... type exit to quit ###

... and drop in shell. I think in my case the script that partition size change did not work. Version 1.6.5 and LibreELEC 8.2 boot successfully. dtb.img is the same everywhere. I tried two cards: 32GB and 64GB.

• I could not boot version 1.8.2. Message:

cp: write error: no space left on device

*** Error in prepare_sysroot: mount_common: Could not mount /dev/SYSTEM ***

### Starting debugging shell ... type exit to quit ###

... and drop in shell. I think in my case the script that partition size change did not work. Version 1.6.5 and LibreELEC 8.2 boot successfully. dtb.img is the same everywhere. I tried two cards: 32GB and 64GB.

As kszaq kindly replied you need to use the noram version, I've added so much stuff to this build it is impossible for it to fit on 1gb.