tvheadend multiple with epg sources

• Managed to install tvheadend and use my IPTV providers m3u playlist. All works well. I'm trying however to populate egg data. My provider provides two xml files due to size of the playlists (16mb and 4mb). I'm trying to join these into a merged xml file using the kodi rytec downloader, however getting errors

Is there other way either within tvheadend or another libreelec plugin to be able to combine the two EPG sources? XMLTV within tvheadend only appears to allow 1 xml source. They're both UK and US channels, hence the mix/match required for egg sources.

Occurring on both stable/beta with latest tvheadend on a rpi3. All suggestions appreaciated

• I tried for a long time to merge two or more xmltv files with no success. I end up re configuring the m3u playlist file and use rytec epg downloader with multiple sources.

• I've created two shell scripts that prepare two XML files from two different EPG sources. Resulting files have the same filename. Their execution is triggered by crond in different times. In TVH GUI You can configure TVH to read twice same file name right after each script finishes. That way TVH reads both XML files (and merges EPG)- You just need to be carefull about timings...

Edited once, last by givo (February 12, 2017 at 4:07 PM).

• Hi, I'm newbie to LibreElec and I want to share the solution I found to merge multiple xmltv files.

There is a Python script,xml_merge.py attached, that you can use to do that with this command:

python xml_merge.py file1.xml file2.xml file3.xml ... > output.xml

I use it with TVH and it works like a charm

Hope you can ue it! :)

xml_merge.zip