DVB-T2 (HEVC, H.265) with LibreELEC (ODROID C2, Raspberry PI 3)

• LibreELEC (Leia) v8.95.1 BETA – LibreELEC

scroll down to DVB Drivers: there are two pics where you can find it

Ok, thanks CvH, warum auch immer es vorher nicht funktioniert hat (vermutlich blind oder Tomaten) - ich hab die Treiber jetzt gefunden!

I experienced the following:

• "LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.95.001.img" comprises the DVB-Driver addon out of the box, i.e. there is no need to install it separately:
      Main menu > Addons > Program-Addons > LibreELEC Module Drivers > alternative selections are [LE Standard Treiber | DVB drivers for TBS | DVB drivers from latest kernel]
      The the above mentioned DVB-stick "Geniatech T230 aka August T210" was and is available/usable with LE standard drivers on Raspberry PI and tunes DVB-T2 via its Silicon Labs Si2168 tuner. The formerly problematic DVB-stick "Astrometa DVB-T2" is meanwhile also available/usable with LE standard drivers on Raspberry PI and tunes DVB-T2 via its Panasonic MN88473 tuner. Its Realtek RTL2832 tuner is also available, but does not tune DVB-T2 so far in my environment.
    • "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.95.001.img" also comprises the DVB-Driver addon out of the box, i.e. there is no need to install it separately (though for unknown reasons I didn't found it after first install immediately):
      Main menu > Addons > Program-Addons > LibreELEC Module Drivers > alternative selections are [LE Standard Treiber | DVB drivers for TBS] {DVB drivers from latest kernel - missing}
      On Odroid C2 with "LE Standard Treiber" from DVB-stick "Astrometa DVB-T2" only the Realtek RTL2832 Tuner is available but does not tune DVB-T2. With "DVB drivers for TBS" and "Geniatech T230 aka August T210" DVB-T2 works via Silicon Labs Si2168 tuner.

Fasterix:

1. Install "LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.95.001.img" or "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.95.001.img" depending on your hardware.
    2. In case of Odroid C2 and "Geniatech T230 aka August T210" choose:
      Main menu > Addons > Program-Addons > LibreELEC Module Drivers > DVB drivers for TBS
    3. Odroid C2 and "Astrometa DVB-T2" did not work with my configuration.
    4. You can simplify MUX/channel tuning (as described in the original post) using the following proceeding:

... in addition, add the channel symbols

Edited 4 times, last by melibokus (December 28, 2018 at 12:12 AM).

• Additional information from main blog entry copied here as main blog entry become to long:

Known problems

• TV and ODROID are both powered on by a switchable socket. Presumably ODROID is starting faster than the TV set. When TV screen shows Kodi the HDMI CEC is startet (pop up information) but CEC commands do not reach Kodi (no reaction). Reconnection of the TV (by means of the internal TV input selection menu) with Kodi solves the problem.
    • When LAN connection is interrupted (cable not plugged in) LibreELEC starts slow or fails to start.
    • When LAN connection is interrupted (cable not plugged in) TVheadend Service doesn't start up.

Q&A

• Why ODROID C2?
      Raspberry PI 3 didn't work ... see below.
    • Why not OpenELEC?
      Not tested but was behind LibreELEC development stage in 12/2016
    • Why not OSMC?
      Tested shortly but installation and handling didn't reach the elegance of LibreELEC. Though it would be probably much simpler with OSMC to experiment without having an external build environment alongside.
    • Why Geniatech T230?
      It was available 12/2016. It was outlined as available in Linux kernel from 3.19. Unfortunately I didn't know at this time that I had to change from Raspberry PI to ODROID C2 with the older kernel 3.14.
      Some other USB tuners (Haupauge, Terratec Cinergy) seemed to be more expensive (+ some 20 €). Also there were some cheaper DVBT sticks (about 20€) available. Finally the Geniatech/August was some kind of a compromise and decided with a major lack of relevant technical background.

Trouble shooting

• Get into the engines room of LibreELEC

• Suddenly there is no sound
      Probably you muted the KODI output. Internet says use F8 key to unmute, with Apple keyboard it was F12, but no idea how to get it back with the remote control or some KODI menu entry.
    • How fast ist my SD card or is my SD card fast enough?

• Was the DVBT stick recognized by Linux?

• To provide "predifined muxes" to TvHeadend which are currently not available in standard rollout use the following examples.

Step by step

• Open a terminal on your computer and connect via secure shell to LibreELEC/oerlie.

Edited 2 times, last by melibokus (January 4, 2019 at 11:27 PM).