Help mounting network share for Transmission [solved]

• Hi guys. I'm new to LibreElec (and a n00b at linux environments) and need some help mounting a network share. Basically I installed Transmission from this source and Transmission was able to download and store files locally. However when I set the download path to my NAS download folder, it says the path is invalid. I read that the Transmission software can't view network paths, only Kodi can, is that correct?

How do I mount the network share so that Transmission can always see and save to it?

Is this the right resource? cause it looks scary, heh. I came across this tool to do the shares the noob way, but that won't work on an Chromebox running LibreElec will it?

thanks for the thoughts :shy:

Edited once, last by canaan (December 28, 2016 at 7:33 AM).

• I tried to follow the guide from the resource/wiki, but it didn't mount. then I tried to troubleshoot and I get the following error

LibreELEC:~ # mount -t nfs 192.168.0.5:/volume1 /storage/volume1 -o nolock

mount: 192.168.0.5:/volume1 failed, reason given by server: Permission denied
    mount: mounting 192.168.0.5:/volume1 on /storage/volume1 failed: Bad file descriptor

what did I do wrong? :huh:

Edited once, last by canaan (December 28, 2016 at 1:44 AM).

• after hours of messing around I got it working :D as for your questions, its a Synology NAS. When I looked at the mount path on the Synology it indeed indicated that it should be /volume1/Media. I think initially I was trying to mount the subdirectory.
    not exactly sure what I did wrong, but I'll write down everything I did for anyone else (or myself later down the line).the mount code that finally worked was:

mount -t nfs 192.168.0.5:/volume1/Media /storage/SynologyNAS -o nolock;

I created the /SynologyNAS file with the mkdir command and then used chmod 777 command on the folder to make sure it had the permissions set correctly.I also checked into my Synology settings, made a user called LibreELEC and gave it full permissions to the share folder. I also set the hostname in NFS rules for the share folder to 192.168.0.0/24, with the usual read/write, map all users to admin, and allow connections from non-privileged ports settings checked.then I used the 'old method' at the end of this wiki page to manually mount the share. when it finally worked, I checked and updated the autostart.sh file to make sure it was re-mounting it each load.transmission now sees my mount and saves files to my network drive