Youtube & Chrome installations

• Hi

Wanted a feature request which would be very easy to implement and take Libreelec miles ahead.

During installation of kodi wizard setup area for additional packages a user can choose to install. Example youtube app and Google Chrome from Linux side .. the kodi addon for both of these don't function too well. Having those along with other packages like Facebook app netflix etc.. would allow users to use libre electric solely on their HTPC .. as opposed to rebooting into android or other native apps that gives them easy capabilities.

Thank you for your time..

• Hi

Wanted a feature request which would be very easy to implement and take Libreelec miles ahead.

During installation of kodi wizard setup area for additional packages a user can choose to install. Example youtube app and Google Chrome from Linux side .. the kodi addon for both of these don't function too well. Having those along with other packages like Facebook app netflix etc.. would allow users to use libre electric solely on their HTPC .. as opposed to rebooting into android or other native apps that gives them easy capabilities.

Thank you for your time..

What? I think you are confusing Android and Linux.

There is no native netflix, youtube, or facebook app for linux. Chromium is only available for x86 hardware (on LibreELEC).

So no, that won't happen. The Kodi YouTube add-on is great. I use it everyday.

libre electric

LibreELEC (Libre Embedded Linux Entertainment Centre)

• What? I think you are confusing Android and Linux.

There is no native netflix, youtube, or facebook app for linux. Chromium is only available for x86 hardware (on LibreELEC).

So no, that won't happen. The Kodi YouTube add-on is great. I use it everyday.

LibreELEC (Libre Embedded Linux Entertainment Centre)

LoL! Yes you are correct I was confusing it with Android. Thanks for the reply :) Onto getting my API key for the youtube addon :)