RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Hi

TVHEADEND are not working.

Need to fix using:

1. mkdir -p /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib
    2. ln -s /usr/lib/libva.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva.so.1
    3. ln -s /usr/lib/libva-drm.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva-drm.so.1
    4. ln -s /usr/lib/libva-x11.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva-x11.so.1

Try fix it in your builds

Thanks for @5schatten, to share that info ;)

I can't have sound on chrome.
      Need some addicional config?

Thanks @escalade for that great work;)

Edited once, last by psycmos (October 1, 2018 at 1:08 AM).

• escalade  rooty

You need to apply this patch Update config entries pointer to the new beginning of the list after … · libretro/RetroArch@9da261c · GitHub to make sure RA creates a valid retroarch.cfg. I had the same problem, until you patch RA it uses default values for retroarch.cfg uses that point to wrong directories, sets wrong drivers and stuff. I stumbled upon it after I made a clean install... otherwise you probably won't face that problem.

That's right, same problem after a clean install of generic build

I have another problem with generic/nvidia build, fonts or dpi render too big for external programs like dolphin or pcsx2 and can't access options

is there a way to change settings of fluxbox or xorg for that ?

• escalade , a moment of your time?

i was able to modify emulator-frontend.conf so i can pass arguments to emulator-frontend.sh and open the frontend i want (eg. "emulator-frontend.sh ra" for retroarch "es" for emulationstation) like so:

however /usr/bin/emulator-frontend.py is not set up to pass commandline args to /usr/bin/emulator-frontend.sh
    my goal here was to create buttons in Aeon Nox for each frontend so i can set up controllers that dont autoconfgig, etc without another computer (im using generic not arm) and im unable to do so without using emulator-frontend.py, i cant launch systemd-run _script_ in a button apparantly, so as a workaround i copied e-f.py to .storage and modified it like so:

Python
    #!/usr/bin/python
    import subprocess, sys

subprocess.call(["systemd-run", "/usr/bin/emulator-frontend.sh"] + sys.argv[1:])

i was just wondering if in your next build and/or in the 9.0 beta builds you could make a simple change to emulator-frontend.py to pass at least one argument to emulator-frontend.sh as it allows for argument parsing in emulator-frontend.conf. if you know of a more elagant way than my modification to the python script i encorage you to use that instead. i am not proud of how im handling arguments

ok now im proud

Edited 4 times, last by Ae3NerdGod: fixed python script to keep original functionality (October 5, 2018 at 8:26 PM).

• Br00TCn.jpg

Just skip the emulator-frontend.conf create a second start script/one for each frontend and create a second python script and link each script to a button. If you need RA then click the RA button if you want to run ES then the ES one or whats the purpose of passing args to that file?

• rooty

ALSA should work in 100% of cases, which is why creating an asound.conf should be all that's needed. The latest generic build might have the bug mentioned by 5schatten though which leads to a corrupted retroarch.cfg. Not sure, but I'll do a rebuild soon and upload that. My latest avx2 build is updated though if you have a CPU not from the stone age.

psycmos

You need asound.conf.

Ae3NerdGod

Tell me what to change in the python code to accept arguments and I'll modify it. As 5schatten points out, there's nothing stopping you from creating your own scripts to use with launchers etc as well.

• escalade

Well I was wondering if you use fluidsynth for midi sound? I played a bit with it but running into problems when using it with SDL because the alsa device is already in use then. Does your DOSBox work with fluidsynth midi + SDL effect sound?

• TVHEADEND not start

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tvheadend: error while loading shared libraries: libva.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

• It's really just changing TARGET_CPU to "haswell", so that gcc gets passed -march=haswell.

5schatten

I had those cherry picked before, but they were upstreamed with glibc 2.27.

Ah okay so have you ever measured the performance again? In the past Dolphin did not profit that much.

Have you updated your build to kernel 4.19? If so does PCSX2 still work and quit clean for you? After the last kernel bump the container won't close :/ I even digged my way through the docker addon and bumped it to 18.06.1 just to realise afterwards it's kernel related :dodgy:

• Haven't bothered, there's been many benchmarks through the years. I believe the performance gain is up to 10% but will vary depending on the type of application. I just figure since I'm building everything I might as well build for my specific CPU.

I'm on 4.20 now haven't tested PCSX2 in a long while will see if I get the time over the weekend.

• Haven't bothered, there's been many benchmarks through the years. I believe the performance gain is up to 10% but will vary depending on the type of application. I just figure since I'm building everything I might as well build for my specific CPU.

I'm on 4.20 now haven't tested PCSX2 in a long while will see if I get the time over the weekend.

I'm curious about your results. I've tested docker 17.10 / 18.06.1 also I've updated the arch image to match the 4.19.x kernel, I've switched to your arch image since it's a bit older and I thought it may be an upstream PCSX2 quirk... well finally I reverted to 4.18.16 and it works fine again. I could not find any specific problem in any log file. When I quit PCSX2 the log tells me it keeps hanging at unloading the gamesdb pretty much forever and so it won't quit and switch back to ES.

If you enter docker container stop xxxxxxxxx it kills PCSX2 and ES pops up. Just for the record and to safe you some time while testing /shrug