RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Hi Escalade,

Thank you for sharing all your hard work. There are a lot of cool features you've built into this build. However, I'm having problems scanning/adding files to the library which are stored in a folder called Music on my USB drive. When I select the folder and scan to library, Kodi appears to read and go through the subfolders and files, completes after a few minutes but the library remains empty. This is using a fresh install from your image.

If do the same thing with the LE standard Alpha build it takes a lot longer to scan, but works as all items are added to the library.

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 2. Debug log is here... gXGC

Any ideas what it might be? I haven't changed any of the settings from default, but it appears to be set to read tags etc.

Thanks.

• Escalade, we have found a bug in my addon's Retroarch 1.3.6, after creating a playlist if you try to launch a game, after selecting the core it crashes with segmentation fault... LibreELEC

can you, or anyone with this build, try this?, just to know if the bug is from retroarch's or from my compilation.

thanks is advance!

• Not at home atm, but can test tonight. I don't use RetroArch as a frontend so not familiar with the playlists feature. Mind detailing how to reproduce?

In retroarch xmb menu, the latest option in the right is "add content" or "add folder", you select a romset folder (eg nes) and it scans that folder, then a new menu item will appear in the right with the icon of the system and the list of games. When you select one game you have to choose the default emulator for that game, then it should launch the game but it crashes... If you can launch the game the problem is with my compilation...

thanks!

• Ok, will test and let you know. EDIT: No crash here, it works.

--

New build 20160802 is out:

- Kodi 17 Alpha 3
    - Linux 4.7.0 kernel
    - Docker 1.12.0
    - Latest git version of the most popular cores (only relevant for RPi as the Generic build uses the latest from buildbot)

EDIT: 20160803:

- Updated Mesa to latest git
    - Added default core playlist for RetroArch
    - Updated RetroArch and added a couple of missing default paths

Edited once, last by escalade (August 3, 2016 at 8:59 PM).

• Hi. I installed todays version on raspberry pi 2. Can't get to work oscam. I use same configs as other elec. Still have scrambled channels. FTA channels works. In oscam web monitor i see user vdr dvbapi is connected, but it not asking for descramble any channels.

Regards

• I have not tried the Milhouse builds. At any rate, I got it working just thought I'd report back that some sort of issue exists in the resizing routine.

Side note, once I started loading my library, I was having a ton of issues with sluggishness. I didn't look too much into it as it was getting late.

In regards to hanging at the storage resizing step:
    I tried a different microSDHC card (32GB Unirex) and a new power supply (2.5A) as I discovered I had been using a 1A power supply leftover from my original Pi 1B. Even with the new stuff, I had the same problem. Again, not a big deal since I still can get up and running by using LibreELEC Alpha 3 first and then updating to your build. Just sharing.

• lollo78

jaykass

Did you try waiting it out like another user suggested? Or compare with Milhouse builds?

If you want to debug you could edit /flash/cmdline.txt to add "debugging break=prepare_sysroot" and resize manually. Normally it's done by /usr/lib/libreelec/fs-resize, you could look at the file and do the steps manually. When you're done remove /storage/.please_resize_me to avoid running the resize script.

• Took the plunge and re did my x86 box, fair play the build is amazing. So much more stable than my last openelec setup. Thanks for this and keeping it updated!

Zackmorris's IRAL works great, I had to change the mame core to and older version to get zack's mame softlists to work but apart from that its seemless. I also added more systems to emulationstation via the es_systems.cfg if anyones interested.

I've been looking for an emulationstation setup for my htpc ever since I started messing with the PI so again thanks so much for this build !

Edited once, last by lefty420 (August 4, 2016 at 11:54 AM).

• lefty420

Thanks for the feedback

lollo78

I haven't, it's always been broken afaik.

--

Build 20160804:

In an effort to get spotify-web-connect to work on Generic, I've added a statically built QEMU to do ARM emulation. Using the kernel support for running binaries from other platforms we can run ARM containers like we would any other container.

Unfortunately, it appears that QEMU doesn't support the ioctl's necessary to do audio, so we can't run spotify-web-connect. The upside is that running ARM containers on x86_64 could be useful for whatever reason. Run like this:

Code
    # docker run -it --rm -v /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static:/usr/bin/qemu-arm-static armelbuild/debian:jessie bash

The only thing you need is to mount /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static like in the above example, so that it can be used by the container.

Edited once, last by escalade (August 5, 2016 at 7:06 AM).

• Hi again Escalade,

I've just tested your latest build from a fresh install and also tried updating to it from LibreELEC Alpha 3, but I'm still getting the same problem. To rule it out being a USB issue I've copied music files to the Music folder in the home directory and 'scanned to library', again it shows the names of the files during the scan, but at the end the library's still not populated. It works fine in the standard LibreELEC Alpha 3 build.

Is there something different in your build that could be affecting library scanning? Has anyone successfully scanned media to the Kodi library in this build? - I'm just curious if I'm the only person experiencing this.

Thanks

• Looks like it's unable to read the tag from your flac files:

Code
    21:17:13  58.190651 T:1590686624   DEBUG: ScanTags - No tag found for: /var/media/MediaDrive/Music/Aaliyah/Aaliyah/01 Aaliyah - We Need a Resolution (Feat. Timbaland).flac

There's nothing in my build that should affect this. The Alpha 3 build has an older Kodi version, have you tried a recent Milhouse build for comparison?

• Looks like it's unable to read the tag from your flac files:

Code
    21:17:13  58.190651 T:1590686624   DEBUG: ScanTags - No tag found for: /var/media/MediaDrive/Music/Aaliyah/Aaliyah/01 Aaliyah - We Need a Resolution (Feat. Timbaland).flac

There's nothing in my build that should affect this. The Alpha 3 build has an older Kodi version, have you tried a recent Milhouse build for comparison?

No I haven't. On my way into work at the moment, I'll give a Milhouse build a try this evening. Thanks for the suggestion, the new Kodi version might explain it. I'll report back. Thanks.

• No I haven't. On my way into work at the moment, I'll give a Milhouse build a try this evening. Thanks for the suggestion, the new Kodi version might explain it. I'll report back. Thanks.

Hi Escalade,

I've just tested it with a fresh image/install of LE8 Alpha 3 then updated to Milhouse's Krypton build #0804 released today. I started the scan to library once Milhouse's build had installed and it worked fine. The library was fully populated afterwards. So I'm not sure why the version on your build isn't working... Is there anything else you can think of?

Edited once, last by Fairbs (August 5, 2016 at 11:05 PM).

• Going through my commit log I think I found the issue, I re-enabled building shared libraries for libvorbis after it was disabled in LE. It seems like because I didn't enable shared libraries for libogg as well, there's some check in Kodi that fails and support is not built in. It should be fixed in my 20160806 build, I can see that the binaries are linked to the libvorbis libraries now.

In other news, I've added a Plex Media Server launch script that will automatically download and install Plex. You can now enable Plex like the other services in my build:

Code
    # systemctl enable plex ; systemctl start plex