RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• If I flash from your img file (LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel-20160721.img) and boot up my pi, it hangs at resizing storage.

However, if I first flash LibreElec (v7.90.003 Alpha), boot up my pi, and then load your TAR file in /storage/.update then all works just fine.

If it matters, I am using a Pi 3 but I *think* I may have tried a couple weeks ago with a Pi 2 and had the same results but I can't recall for certain.

Other possibly relevant details:
    Patriot 64GB microSDXC

• I must admit I never really test the image, normally I just upgrade. Can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work either, as far as the OS goes it's mostly vanilla LE8. Have you tried Milhouse builds for example, do they work when flashed to your card?

• Hi escalade!
    As I told you in the other forum I compiled LibreELEC 8 master thanks to your advices, I owe you one, but I want to ask you if there is an easy way to get back to LE7 and then compile it enabling the use of gamepads. I have read that is something like "--enable-joystick" but I don't know where to edit that...

The thing is that the gamepad support is the only new feature I like from Krypton, and, on the other hand, there are a lot of issues or problems for me with this kodi version so I preffer staying in Jarvis.

thanks in advance!!

• Joystick is enabled by default in Jarvis, but it depends on X11. Which means no RPi support. As for converting my tree to 7.0 you could use git rebase but would probably require some minor adjustments here and there.

• I must admit I never really test the image, normally I just upgrade. Can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work either, as far as the OS goes it's mostly vanilla LE8. Have you tried Milhouse builds for example, do they work when flashed to your card?

I have not tried the Milhouse builds. At any rate, I got it working just thought I'd report back that some sort of issue exists in the resizing routine.

Side note, once I started loading my library, I was having a ton of issues with sluggishness. I didn't look too much into it as it was getting late.

Edited once, last by jaykass (July 22, 2016 at 8:17 PM).

• If I flash from your img file (LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel-20160721.img) and boot up my pi, it hangs at resizing storage.

However, if I first flash LibreElec (v7.90.003 Alpha), boot up my pi, and then load your TAR file in /storage/.update then all works just fine.

If it matters, I am using a Pi 3 but I *think* I may have tried a couple weeks ago with a Pi 2 and had the same results but I can't recall for certain.

Other possibly relevant details:
    Patriot 64GB microSDXC

Just wait ! Resizing took "forever" but then it's fine

• Total noob question, I know. But can someone give me a couple of quick instructions on how to install ScummVM. It doesn't seem like I can compile it as there are no compiler tools installed.

Thanks for any help.

• You don't need to install, the libretro scummvm core is already present in my build. Simply start RetroArch and load up the scummvm core.

There is no compiler tools in LibreELEC, it's not a full distribution. "Just enough OS for Kodi" :) It's possible to compile yourself and use the toolchain to build whatever you like though.

• You don't need to install, the libretro scummvm core is already present in my build. Simply start RetroArch and load up the scummvm core.

There is no compiler tools in LibreELEC, it's not a full distribution. "Just enough OS for Kodi" It's possible to compile yourself and use the toolchain to build whatever you like though.

I see. Like I said, I'm a noob. But I get it now and see how I can run it in RetroArch. Thanks for the help!

• For anyone interested, I've added ds4drv in the latest builds. Start with "systemctl start ds4drv", configuration is in /storage/.config/ds4drv.conf. It has a lot of neat functions like profile switching, keyboard mapping and trackpad mouse emulation. Only downside is it seems to add some input lag.