RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• I don't keep archives but perhaps someone has it. I'm guessing it was one of the builds I made with the older legacy drivers. Now I use kernel 4.11 and I don't think they even compile. In short, your cards could be made to work but it's a hassle. If your card isn't supported by 340.xx then you're out of luck unless you want to build yourself.

• The skin sounds were changed to the scroll sound from the default ES theme (simple-dark). You can't actually change them due to the read-only nature of LE, but you could copy the estuary theme from /usr/share/kodi/addons to /storage/.kodi/addons and replace the sounds there.

New build 20170528 has been uploaded that fixes the cherry trail / tronsmart x5 plus pcm issue (updated alsa-lib).

Cheers.

In the end I grabbed the original sounds from xbmc/addons/resource.uisounds.kodi at master · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub and put them in /storage/.kodi/addons and then enabled them via the addons menu.

Thanks for the pointers.

• Built: May 19 2017

RetroArch [INFO] :: Version: 1.5.0

RetroArch [INFO] :: Git: 808b973

RetroArch [INFO] :: =================================================

RetroArch [INFO] :: Loading default config.

RetroArch [INFO] :: Looking for config in: "/storage/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg".

RetroArch [INFO] :: Loading dynamic libretro core from: "/tmp/cores/mupen64plus_libretro.so"

RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to open libretro core: "/tmp/cores/mupen64plus_libretro.so"

RetroArch [ERROR] :: Error(s): libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

that file exist ? (libpng12.so.0:)

• highkick05

Looks to me like you've downloaded a mupen64plus core with the core downloader. Mine is linked with libpng16:

Code
    # ldd /usr/lib/libretro/mupen64plus_libretro.so /tmp/cores/mupen64plus_libretro.so | grep png
            libpng16.so.16 => /usr/lib/libpng16.so.16 (0x00007f5dba64c000)
            libpng16.so.16 => /usr/lib/libpng16.so.16 (0x00007fa6a695c000)

New build 20170530 uploaded. I've replaced unfs3 with kernel NFS (supports both NFS3 and NFS4), which should be much faster and more compatible. Good news for anyone sharing media from their LE boxes :)

To enable:

Code
    # cp /usr/config/exports /storage/.config/ && systemctl enable nfs-server && systemctl start nfs-server
  • Indeed, it doesn't work. I've found the issue to be link time optimization and disabled it. New builds are on the way.

EDIT: New builds have been uploaded. Kernel NFS, updated ntfs-3g drivers and fixed genesis-plus-gx-libretro are what's changed.

Edited 2 times, last by escalade (May 30, 2017 at 12:30 PM).

• The ION works on 340.xxx, at least 340.102, so it's not because it's not supported. When I first moved to LE, I did it because the ION could use it's latest driver, 340.102.

It just doesn't get assigned the right driver with the new kerner or what..?

• If assignment is the issue, you can use the autostart trick posted earlier to force the driver. Nobody is going to guess your issue, your answer is in the logs.

• Those logs were before forcing the driver to legacy, correct? X.org logs when using the legacy driver would be of interest. I also recommend you create your own thread (although I'm not sure what kind of support you can expect). Even though my build defers from LE8 at this point (regarding driver stack and kernel), the same changes are coming in LE9. You could try a Milhouse build to confirm that. Basically, you're on your own fixing this, as nobody really cares about 8 year old proprietary GPU's. Not even nvidia. There's already 3 separate patches required to get the legacy driver compiled on 4.11. Once 4.12 is out, I'm not sure it can be compiled anymore.

A raspberry pi starter kit is what, $50-$60? There's cheap cherry trail and apollo lake Intel hardware as well that'll blow the socks of your ION setup and work great.

• Probably not, sorry. There's already Plex · GitHub and I can't see the need for running both at the same time.

Because i use plex for my own media to allow for use on non-kodi devices and for keeping watched statuses in line. I also use the kodi elements for the number of addons etc. not available in plex not to mention the emulators.