RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• So I managed to get my laptop up and running again, so we're back in business.

20170323:

Code
    - rebased on latest LE8
    - kodi 17.1
    - linux 4.10.5
    - samba 4.6
    - systemd 233
    - switched to emulationstation from retropie (has video support and is linked with libvlc, although this is untested)
    - glibc 2.25 (issues with building 2.24 when arch got upgraded to 2.25 made this necessary)
    - other bumped packages: mesa, libinput, openssh, libx11, dolphin, retroarch, retroarch-joypad-autoconfig

Tromzy

No issues here, both on previous build and last one with updated mesa.

Did you remove sonarr? It's no longer starting for me and I no longer see /storage/.config/system.d/sonarr.service or /opt/sonarr

• Sorry, forgot to mention that. There was a request to remove sonarr and sabnzbd as they are available through the Thoradia addons. I've kept Transmission, as I had issues with the one in Thoradia repo.

Had to revert the emulationstation change, as the addition of libvlc took up too much space there wasn't room for nvidia legacy and also it wouldn't build for rpi. Pretty much the only difference was addition of video support in themes which isn't needed. New generic build uploaded.

Edited once, last by escalade (March 24, 2017 at 9:11 AM).

• Audio is working in Kodi out of my tv on the HDMI, but when in emulationstation searching for a game the click sounds come out of the laptop speaker instead.
    When I select a game.

How do I change this to have the audo come out the HDMI (TV)?
    Note: using the latest Mar 24th build.

LibreELEC:~ # aplay -l
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC283 Analog [ALC283 Analog]
    Subdevices: 0/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Edited once, last by Bubba2017 (March 25, 2017 at 2:31 PM).

• I am having trouble getting my DS4 controller to work in game. I have been testing it on a Asus Chromebox & RPI2 both running fresh installs of the latest build for 2 weeks now banging my head trying to get this working. I read this thread top to bottom & searched around the net to no avail. Please Help!

- The DS4 controller works when I boot into ES & I set the button configs in the ES menu then load a NES game.
    - Retroarch detects the controller 100% as " Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller" on port 0. Nothing works on the controller except "Right Stick press" which brings up the retroarch menu.
    - In the Retroarch menu I am able to navigate around the menus with the D-pad & Left Stick. L1 & R1 work for page up/down & Square brings up the "Search Box" I am unable to click on any of the menu items like Input to drill down further into the options.
    - I can ssh into the devices & see Sony-PlayStation4-DualShock4-Controller.cfg under /tmp/autoconfig/udev/ so the correct profile is there.
    - I tested it on nes, snes & n64 games.

I don't have any other controllers to test. I've used lakka in the past on the Chromebox & had no issue with the same DS4 controller working in retroarch. I dont know what to try next, any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

• Figured out how to get audio out of HDMI1

renamed file --> asound.conf.sample
    to
    asound.conf

Edited it to DEV=0

Is there any way that EM and Retoarch could assume the settings from Kodi? (so noobs as myself don't have to figure out linux, coding etc. I like my hair)

• My latest build that was constantly working on my Pi, was 20170123. And today I finally updated to the latest. And to my very big surprise, everything went well. Great!

• Bug Report: Network corruption
    My SMB shares (password protected) show incorrect file sizes (PB and TB sizes) and the files are not accessible.
    This problem was noted to start with the 20170305 or 20170309 release.
    Log file created using clean install using LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel-20170323.img.gz; see picture for additional information.

edit: where is a good place to upload the log files (zipped)?

• I just noticed the following. Not sure if this is the case, but you said your options were:

So you updated your asound.conf

Code
    pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave.pcm {
            @func getenv
            vars [ ALSAPCM ]
            # Device name can be found using the command 'aplay -L'
            default "hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0"
        }
    }

Your list shows your device is hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 for hdmi not hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0. Try changing it to PCH

• thegooddoctor

I'll make the next build with Samba reverted to the old version, probably that's why.

thoradia

It was segfaulting during download. I figured it could have been an incompatility with my build as I have made a few package bumps and changes that puts it past LE8 (kernel, openssl, glibc, etc.), so I didn't want to bother you with it. I was meaning to look into it more, I'll see if I get the time today and report back.

EDIT: Thoradia's transmission seems to work fine now, so I'll exclude my version in the next build.

Edited once, last by escalade (March 26, 2017 at 12:11 PM).

• I just noticed the following. Not sure if this is the case, but you said your options were:

So you updated your asound.conf

Code
    pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave.pcm {
            @func getenv
            vars [ ALSAPCM ]
            # Device name can be found using the command 'aplay -L'
            default "hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0"
        }
    }

Your list shows your device is hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 for hdmi not hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0. Try changing it to PCH

Thank you so much, that was it. I owe you a beer or whatever your particular poison is.

One more question, would the retroarch.cfg be the appropriate file to edit to enable a hotkey for exiting the emulator? ESC works fine, but the wife wont allow a keyboard in her living room so I need to make it controller based or (I guess this is possible) remap a key on my Harmony remote for esc.

• thegooddoctor

I'll make the next build with Samba reverted to the old version, probably that's why.

Thanks --- I had another RPi2 running the most recent alpha releases and it as well underwent the SAMBA upgrade in a recent release.
    Then I had a weird unaccessable share show up on my network (%H), and I was not able to use access regular smb share to upload the downgrade file.
    Had to SFTP into the unit to place the downgrade file - thankfully the downgrade worked!

Something strange going on with that SAMBA upgrade ...

• New build 20170327:

Code
    - linux 4.10.6
    - re-enabled lirc_serial driver
    - samba reverted to 3.6.25 (let me know if this fixes the issues)
    - removed transmission
    - libretro cores now use correct git version (apparently netplay uses this to decide if clients are compatible)
    - updated packages: beetle-saturn-libretro, btrfs-progs-system, xfsprogs, scummvm-libretro

• Thank you so much, that was it. I owe you a beer or whatever your particular poison is.

One more question, would the retroarch.cfg be the appropriate file to edit to enable a hotkey for exiting the emulator? ESC works fine, but the wife wont allow a keyboard in her living room so I need to make it controller based or (I guess this is possible) remap a key on my Harmony remote for esc.

You can set the hotkeys within retroarch itself. In the retroarch menu, go to input, input hotkey binds and set a key to enable hotkeys (i use start on the controller) and set a key for quit retroarch (i use select on the controller). Once done, pressing select and start together will exit retroarch. If you are using a skin other than the modified estuary, you will need to create a home screen link to retroarch which you can do using the command 'SYSTEM.EXEC(/usr/bin/retroarch.sh)'.

• New build 20170327:

Code
    - linux 4.10.6
    - re-enabled lirc_serial driver
    - samba reverted to 3.6.25 (let me know if this fixes the issues)
    - removed transmission
    - libretro cores now use correct git version (apparently netplay uses this to decide if clients are compatible)
    - updated packages: beetle-saturn-libretro, btrfs-progs-system, xfsprogs, scummvm-libretro

Samba back working fine thanks dude!

• You can set the hotkeys within retroarch itself. In the retroarch menu, go to input, input hotkey binds and set a key to enable hotkeys (i use start on the controller) and set a key for quit retroarch (i use select on the controller). Once done, pressing select and start together will exit retroarch. If you are using a skin other than the modified estuary, you will need to create a home screen link to retroarch which you can do using the command 'SYSTEM.EXEC(/usr/bin/retroarch.sh)'.

Thanks again, worked like a charm.