RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• I installed the latest build for x86 and am having trouble launching emulationstation. When I select the menu entry for it, nothing happens. There is no log in /tmp, nothing in the kodi log about it either.

Strangely, /storage/.config/emulationstation/emulationstation.conf and the other files in that directory are empty. Is this normal?

Am I missing something obvious here? Where can I search for relevant info as to what is happening?

• escalade
    Did you have thought to include "pi-hole" in your build?

Hi escalade,
    when i did this question, you suggested me to run pi-hole on Docker.

I'm a totaly noob with Docker
    Is Docker in your build? or i need to "install" it?
    I know that there is a Docker Addon from Kodi.. but if you tell me that Docker is compiled in your build...

Then, how i should to do to run Pi-Hole under Docker?

I'm looking for a Docker's Pi-hole and i've found this:
    pi-hole

Could you help me in this?

Thank's

• This build uses a slightly larger system partition than that of the official build (to store the cores and system files). So updating can be a pain, unless you're willing to extend your existing system using a partition manger. Booting into a linux live and running gparted for example. So my advise is, it's best to start a clean install using the extended build. IRAL and everything work perfect. Backup your old userdata and kodi files if required and just restore them to the newly installed build.

I tried doing an upgrade but it doesn't seem to have taken.... I'm guessing because of the partition size issue!

Thanks for the advice! I'm familiar with GParted but it does sound like doing the old backup routine wouldn't be a bad idea here and restore what files I have saved. Thanks!!

• lefty420

Actually, this build fits inside 512MB partition used by vanilla LE. The adjusted size in this build is just future proofing for new installs.

I always had issues updating from "older" builds of either libreelec or openelec. I guess its redundant with later versions. Even so, I always find its better to install your build from a fresh install, saves aggravation ;)

• gark81

That's not what I said, I said I suggest looking at Docker. I'm not here for your personal support, if you want to turn your RPi into an adblocker using LibreELEC put in the work yourself or at least make an effort. There's a search button on top, type in docker there or in google and you are on your way.

• First, install the linuxserver repo from libreelec repo under addon repositories. Then from the linuxserver repo, install portainer. It will take a minute for it to enable the docker service, and then download the portainer image and create the container (if it is the first time installing the docker service, reboot for good measure)

in a web browser, go to your libreelec box's ip and port 9000, you should see the portainer gui. Then follow the below steps to create a pihole container:

• I installed the latest build for x86 and am having trouble launching emulationstation. When I select the menu entry for it, nothing happens. There is no log in /tmp, nothing in the kodi log about it either.

Strangely, /storage/.config/emulationstation/emulationstation.conf and the other files in that directory are empty. Is this normal?

Am I missing something obvious here? Where can I search for relevant info as to what is happening?

Same here! I haven't done a fresh install of it yet though... I ended up adjusting my partition sizes with Gparted... Which took probably as long as a full backup would have (which I was avoiding). So... It's time to regroup.

Any word on the above issue guys? That is exactly what was happening on my x86 box... :dodgy:

Cheers,

Joe

• Well... I was able to get the emulators working with the new install of LibreElec Community Build... However... I am having trouble getting my sound settings correct... I read through the sound setting pages and am still unable to interpret them. I've tried several settings and none of them have worked...

I'm running my sound via HDMI....

Here is what my config is...

I set the asound.conf file to look like this....

Code
    pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave.pcm {
            @func getenv
            vars [ ALSAPCM ]
            # Device name can be found using the command 'aplay -L'
            default "hdmi:CARD=0,DEV=3"
        }
    }

What am I missing??

Thanks!!

Cheers!

Joe

• As described on the first page, when done correctly you should get noise when running the command "speaker-test". If you do then make sure "keep audio device alive" is turned off under system audio settings in Kodi.

• As described on the first page, when done correctly you should get noise when running the command "speaker-test". If you do then make sure "keep audio device alive" is turned off under system audio settings in Kodi.

I understand that. Do the above changes to the asound.conf file look correct given my settings?

This is what I get in return when I run the speaker-test...

Cheers!

Joe

• [hr]
    I figured it out on this end... I should have followed the directions!!! Looks like my settings were incorrect! Thanks for making me re-check things!

Edited once, last by mountbaldy (March 13, 2017 at 12:22 PM).

• First, install the linuxserver repo from libreelec repo under addon repositories. Then from the linuxserver repo, install portainer. It will take a minute for it to enable the docker service, and then download the portainer image and create the container (if it is the first time installing the docker service, reboot for good measure)

in a web browser, go to your libreelec box's ip and port 9000, you should see the portainer gui. Then follow the below steps to create a pihole container:

A LOT OF THANKS aptalca!!
    I'll try it!!
    You help me a lot!

escalade, i only want if you could resolve my doubt about Docker, if it's integrated in your build..
    You mention it on the first post, and i doubt about it.
    Only i would know if it's possible and if you would to help me with this.
    Another time..
    Thanks for your build.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3 mediante Tapatalk

• The only mention is about qemu, and regardless you should do some research yourself before asking questions. I didn't say that to be mean, but it's forum etiquette to stick to the topic. Aptalca is a kind soul to help you, but unfortunately it will only help you and nobody else as the step by step instructions will be lost in this thread. If you had created your own topic regarding this it would be found by others as well.

• Thanks for this build - seems to work really well! Struggled for a while with no audio in movies, but disabling "Keep audio alive" solved that. No audio in menu navigation now but can live with that!

One (probably stupid) question, but how do I quit from Spotify to get back to Kodi?
    [hr]
    Also, in previous work on these devices there was an option to use the audio out. Please excuse my ignorance, but is that possible to implement?

Tronsmart Ara X5 Plus Win10 Cherry Trail Z8300 Quad Core 1.8G Gen 8 Graphics 2G/32G 2.4Ghz/5Ghz LAN HDMI H.265 BT4.0 USB3.0 - FreakTab.com

Edited once, last by martinconroy (March 13, 2017 at 7:50 PM).