RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Read the entirety of that sentence :) It won't work.

Awww...gotcha...I was thinking the updated cmdline.txt wouldn't be stored until fully booted (not sure why my brain went there). Duh!

Note to self: don't try to multi-task brain intensive activities.

• Could you try adding "rdinit=/bin/sh" to cmdline.txt? This should drop you into a shell and you can try running /init from there. This might get us some more info.

• RShT

Probably not, as I don't have one myself and no knowledge of it's workings.

Did you try the new RPi build, is it still panicking?

Haven't try your latest builds. And from @jaykass's post I presume kernel panic still exist in your builds. I can't test ATM cause I don't have spare sd card. Will try it tomorrow. And a short follow up to the Steam Controller question. I am not a github pro at all, but there is a few commits merged into a master branch in LibreELEC (steamcontroller: initial add-on by lrusak · Pull Request #944 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub) that corresponds to my Steam Controller question. Could you please take a look and give us a bit of a feedback in this matter?

PS. There is also GitHub - ynsta/steamcontroller: Standalone Steam Controller Driver that can work with GitHub - kodi-game/peripheral.steamcontroller: Steam controller driver for Kodi

Edited once, last by RShT (January 4, 2017 at 8:28 PM).

• I think I may have found the problem with the RPi builds, please test the 20170104 build.

RShT

That PR has already been merged and it's available as an addon, so you can just install that. The kodi-game peripheral addons are meant for use with the retroplayer builds.

Edited once, last by escalade (January 4, 2017 at 9:20 PM).

• escalade

The problem with the transparency occurs when I switch from a game to the Retroarch menu. I see the game and the text of the menu. Normally the picture of the game disappears and I see the complete menu of Retroarch with its interface.

A further question additionally: Which audio settings do I have to set in Dolphin? ALSA works perfectly with Retroarch. In Dolphin, however, I have no sound. Pulse and OpenGL (or so) have no effect. Do you have a solution approach for me

• It occurs for every system? Then create an issue in RetroArch github. If it's a single system, create an issue for the core.

As for Dolphin I didn't change anything, ALSA works fine for me. OpenGL is for graphics.

• jayfkay

I noticed in the initramfs that /lib contained a "lib" symlink to /usr/lib, then I remembered that the RPi builds stopped working soon after the /usr merge. I had changed all my packages to install to /usr, except for the init routine which is separate. Since I had a /lib directory already, the symlink was created inside there instead of /lib itself being a symlink. When the kernel tries to start init, I think the default LD_LIBRARY_PATH only includes /lib, so the needed libraries in /usr/lib was not found when init called /bin/sh. I modified my packages to use /usr so that the /lib symlink was correctly created and pointed to /usr/lib and that was it.

I would have seen this earlier if it wasn't for the x86_64 build having pretty much the same "incorrect" structure and it worked. Knowing the problem, I can see now that it had a proper /lib64 symlink which is probably sufficient.

Just in time for the LE8 betas. Good thing is it made me examine pretty much every commit twice which can never hurt.

• There seems to be problems with the ALSA settings at Dolphin. An audio sample of 48000 has been hardcoded and therefore the Zotac ZBox ID62 does not seem to sound. I can remember with Retroarch synonymous 41000 sample rate to have set. Does anyone know of you in which file the sample rate could be changed or how I can get 48000 sample rate to run? With audio settings, I do not know about Linux so well. ALSA is always a mystery to me.

• Sample rate would not result in no sound. If it's hardcoded to 48000, I'm guessing that's what it should be and is why you can't change it in the options. Check that your asound.conf is correct and "speaker-test" gives you noise.

• 20170105:

Code
    - Updated Mesa brings OpenGL 4.0 for Haswell (not needed for anything in this build but might be useful for some through Docker)
    - Updated Freetype to 2.7.1 to get the new subpixel hinting
    - Fixed init install routine for zlib, parted, btrfs-progs-system, xfsprogs and f2fs-tools (this fixed booting on RPi, but Generic users should upgrade to get this fix as well)
    - CEC fixes from upstream
    - Updated packages: glupen64-libretro, mgba-libretro, libretro-database, mupen64plus-libretro, retroarch-joypad-autoconfig, mame2014-libretro, core-info, genesis-plus-gx-libretro, retroarch, dolphin, fs-uae, tyrquake-libretro
  • Hi escalade,

I just download the 20170105 img for rpi2 which I put with the following command on my microsd for a rpi3 :

Code
    sudo dd if=LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel-20170105.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=4M
    sudo sync

and I'm stuck on boot, I just have the LibreElec splashscreen that show up and then nothing except a black screen.

Any idea to help me ?

See you.

• Sounds strange, have you tried a different SD card? Upgrading from a different build? My build machine did run out of space when compressing the RPi2 .img so I compressed it manually. The image should be fine though, but if it wasn't the .tar should work.

Can someone else confirm?