Inspired by RetroPie/recalbox/Lakka, I've modified LE to allow for proper emulator gaming without any addons. I've focused on picking the best cores for each system and optimizing them as much as possible. I don't care to include every emulator under the sun, only the most popular ones that perform good. I prefer libretro cores, but if the standalone version is much better I will use that instead.
* Based on LibreELEC (git master)
* Linux 5.1
* Built with GCC 9.1 using -O2 optimization and LTO
* F2FS/BTRFS/XFS support
* Emulationstation (RetroPie fork) is the default frontend that launches emulators (the default can be changed in /storage/.config/frontend.conf and RetroArch can also be launched through it's menus)
* Libretro cores: desmume, dolphin (generic), dosbox-svn, fbalpha, mame2003-plus, mame2016, mgba, mupen64plus, pcsx_rearmed (rpi2/xu4), ppsspp, puae, quicknes, reicast, scummvm, snes9x, snes9x2010, vice_x64, yabasanshiro (xu4), beetle-psx (generic)
* Standalone emulators: PPSSPP, Dosbox-SDL2, FS-UAE (generic), amiberry (xu4/rpi2), PCSX2 (generic)
* Pulseaudio/BlueZ set up to accept A2DP (works in-game!)
* Utilities: scraper tcpdump rsync unrar p7zip cgroup-tools sdl-jstest mediainfo file
* Services: Docker, Transmission, SABnzbd, ttyd, Plex
Odroid XU3/XU4 specific features:
* Built for GBM KMS/DRM
* Odroid WiFi/Bluetooth module works out of the box
* USB IRQs assigned to big cores
* htop enhanced with big.LITTLE support
* big.LITTLE cgroups (emulators are run exclusively on the big cores)
Default root password is "retroelec".
How to ask for support:
Make sure your issue is reproducible on a clean install then post the zip file from the logshare together with information about your hardware.
Note to anyone cloning my project: I like to rebase my changes from time to time to get a clean history. This means your local clone will be out of sync when I do. In that case you can do "git fetch origin && git reset --hard origin/emu" to update, but stash any local changes you have first if any.
RA will run in KMS mode by default if your GPU supports it. To disable it do this in a terminal:
# touch /storage/.cache/services/kms.disabled
To start them do "systemctl enable service ; systemctl start service" in SSH, where service is either "transmission", "sabnzbd", "plex" or "ttyd-oem"
Out of the box it will look for roms in /storage/roms. BIOS files are under /storage/roms/bios. Configured input controllers are DS4 (bluetooth) and keyboard, others can be configured from the menu (right ctrl).
Keyboard bindings for Emulationstation
Run Docker ARM containers on x86_64
How to build through Docker
My build container is built from base/archlinux with the minimal package set needed for building.